[robotics-worldwide] Postdoc Opening in Real-Time 6DOF Parallel Medical Robotics at The University of Chicago
Rodney D. Wiersma
rwiersma at uchicago.edu
Mon Jun 10 09:20:17 PDT 2013
We currently have multiple postdoctoral openings in the development of a
real-time 6DOF parallel Stewart platform system for stereotactic brain
radiosurgery at The University of Chicago. We are looking for candidates
with direct experience in:
- design, construction, and implementation of 6DOF parallel robotic devices
such as a Stewart platform.
- custom linear actuator design, construction, and feedback control.
- real-time 6DOF optical image tracking (IR markers and 3D surface).
- robotic control programming experience (labview, matlab, or C/C++).
- providing leadership and mentoring to graduate students.
It is expected that the successful candidate will have a PhD in
engineering, physics or computer science. Qualified applicants should
respond by e-mail as soon as possible to Prof. Rodney Wiersma (
rwiersma at uchicago.edu) with a CV and availability. Chosen candidates will
be contacted directly. The postdoc would be employed under the Biological
Sciences Division (http://www.bsdpostdoc.uchicago.edu/).
Rodney D. Wiersma, Ph.D.
Department of Radiation and Cellular Oncology
Committee on Medical Physics
The University of Chicago
5758 S. Maryland Avenue MC9006
Chicago, IL 60637
e: rwiersma at uchicago.edu
More information about the robotics-worldwide