[robotics-worldwide] Last call: euRathlon Workshop on Field Robotics - Call for Posters

Eurathlon eurathlon at fkie.fraunhofer.de
Wed Jun 12 12:07:16 PDT 2013

euRathlon Workshop on Field Robotics - Call for Posters
24-25 September 2013, Berchtesgaden, Germany,
in conjunction with the euRathlon 2013 competition

This is the last call for posters in the interactive session of the
workshop.
We are pleased to offer an opportunity not only to participate in the
workshop as an attendee, but also to present a poster during the
interactive session to discuss ideas with other workshop participants.

OVERVIEW AND AIMS
This workshop is focused on euRathlon scenarios and applications, and
intended primarily for student and researcher competitors or teams
planning to compete in euRathlon. The workshop is structured in two parts:
first, expert content will be delivered by invited keynote speakers and
end users, i.e. professionals working in respective scenario fields like
fire fighting and rescuing operation. Second, the workshop participants
will have the opportunity to present their own work in the interactive
session of the workshop.

We invite submissions which focus on topics closely related to the
competition: on topics of unmanned ground, air, sea vehicles and their
combination on real systems (outdoor activity, no simulation!).  We are
stressing real applications. We welcome submissions from non-competitors,
if they are within the scope. We encourage especially young researchers to
participate. There will be the possibility to earn study credits (doctoral
or basic) from the workshop. For students we also provide the possibility
of getting travel support.

SUBMISSION GUIDELINES
Posters for the interactive session should be submitted via email in PDF
format to Prof. Juha Röning. For the review process, the material for the
posters is kindly requested to be provided in the from of a short paper.
Submissions should be no more than 4 ISO A4 pages long, including figures,
tables and references. Please to use IEEE format. Templates available in
Latex and Word.
http://ras.papercept.net/conferences/support/tex.php
http://ras.papercept.net/conferences/support/word.php

To apply for a travel grant make a free format application giving reasons
why support should be given to you. (Include your curriculum vitae and a
description of ongoing research related to field robotics. Selection
criteria include applicant.s motivation and capability for successfully
entering the competitions in the future.)

IMPORTANT DATES
Paper and application for travel support: 23 June 2013
Notification of acceptance: 07 July 2013
Camera-ready posters: 15 August 2013

Program Committee

     Juha Röning (Chair; jjr at ee.oulu.fi)
     Frank E. Schneider (Co-chair)
     Alan FT Winfield
     Yvan Petillot
     Antidio Viguria
     Pedro Lima

Technical Committee and local arrangements

     Bernd Brueggemann
     Antti Tikanmäki
     Frank Woodcock