[robotics-worldwide] Call for Participation: ERF2013 Workshop "Cloud Robotics - Online Knowledge Bases, Web Services, and the Cloud"
markus.waibel at gmail.com
Mon Mar 4 06:11:36 PST 2013
My RoboEarth colleagues and I would like to invite you to the following
workshop at the EU Robotics Forum 2013:
Cloud Robotics - Online Knowledge Bases, Web Services, and the Cloud
20. + 21. March 2013
This workshop will consist of two parts. The first part (March 20th) will
have talks from experts around the world joining remotely and sharing the
details of their Cloud Robotics projects. It will conclude with a panel
discussion summarizing the current state and challenges of Cloud Robotics.
In the second part (March 21st), participants will be walked through
several simple examples that expose the functionalities of the RoboEarth
Cloud: The RoboEarth Database and The RoboEarth Cloud Engine.
Participation in this hands-on session will require a laptop with a
current ROS installation. To participate in this second part, please
register via email with M. Gajamohan [gajan at ethz.ch].
Speakers (Part 1)
- René v.d. Molengraft, TU Eindhoven (confirmed)
- Matei Ciocarlie, Willow Garage (remote, confirmed)
- Ken Goldberg, UC Berkeley (remote, confirmed)
- Alper Aydemir, KTH Stockholm (confirmed)
- Severin Lemaignan, LAAS-CNRS (confirmed)
- Shuichi Nishio, ATR Japan (remote, confirmed)
- Guoqiang Hu, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore (remote,
Further information: http://www.roboearth.org/eurobotics2013
Dr. Markus Waibel
Institute for Dynamic Systems and Control
ETH Zurich, Switzerland
+41 44 632 3192
Building a World-Wide-Web for Robots
More information about the robotics-worldwide