[robotics-worldwide] Internship at Honda Research Institute USA, Inc., Mountain View, CA

TaeSato at hra.com TaeSato at hra.com
Fri Mar 1 18:13:09 PST 2013

The Computer Science unit of Honda Research Institute USA (HRI-US),
located in Mountain View, California, will have several openings for
internships this summer.
We solicit applications from graduate students with a strong background in
CS, robotics, autonomous vehicle research or related areas, and
implementation skills are strongly desired.

We currently have positions in the following areas:

- Computer Vision (Job Number:  P12INT-01)
Object recognition, object detection, visual tracking, action recognition,
high performance visual processing, stereo computation

- Human Machine Interface (Job Number:  P12INT-02)
Spoken dialog, language modeling, multimodal interaction, machine
learning, augmented reality

The HRI-US internship program is designed to give students hands-on
experience in developing new research ideas.
Each intern works with HRI-US researchers and is expected to generate
prototypes and scientific publications as a result of the internship.
The general time frame for these positions is 3 months, but it may be
adjusted to accommodate the intern's academic schedule.

HRI-US pays interns competitive salaries and provides for a comfortable
yet competitive research environment with regular opportunities for
learning.
Interns from outside of the local area are eligible for relocation
stipend.
However, we do not accept any international students except those
currently studying in Canada and Mexico (North America).

To apply for one of the positions, please send a cover letter and your CV

interns2013 at honda-ri.com

with the subject line clearly indicating the job number you are applying
for.
Name your attachment as "FirstName.LastName.UniversityName.cv.pdf".

You can apply for multiple positions, but each area needs a separate
application.
Failure to follow these instructions may result in a delay in the
processing of your application.

The application deadline is March 31st, 2013.