[robotics-worldwide] Computer vision / robotics scientists and summer internship at HRL Laboratories (Malibu, CA)

Kim, Kyungnam (Ken) kkim at hrl.com
Wed Mar 6 12:30:51 PST 2013

HRL Laboratories (http://www.hrl.com/laboratories/labs_issl.html, formerly
known as Hughes Research Labs) is looking for
(1) full-time computer vision / robotics scientists and
(2) graduate students for summer internship
All with US permanent resident or citizen status (no exception!).

Education Desired:
MS or Ph.D. in EE, Computer Science, Applied Math, or related fields

Essential Job Functions:
Primary job function is to perform R & D in computer vision and robotics
areas. Tasks will include the development, simulation, evaluation, and
implementation in software of computer vision / robotics algorithms
applied to a variety of applications. Additional job functions include
solving customer problems, writing invention disclosures, publishing
papers, briefing customers, and assisting in marketing HRL expertise.

Experience Desired:
Research experience in one or more of the following areas: computer
vision, robotics, SLAM, image processing, 2D and 3D object recognition,
machine learning, automated reasoning. Application of computer vision
techniques to autonomous systems, robotics, surveillance systems, or
target recognition. Experience developing innovative solutions based upon
the application of relevant research results from a wide variety of
sources. Familiarity with C, C++, JAVA, and/or Matlab.

Essential Physical/Mental Requirements:
Good communication (verbal and written) skills, active participation in R
& D team activities is required.

HRL Laboratories continues the legacy of technology advances that began at
Hughes Research Laboratories, established by Howard Hughes in 1948. HRL
Laboratories, LLC, was organized as a limited liability company (LLC) on
December 17, 1997, and received its first patent on September 12, 2000.
With more than 600 patents to our name since then and counting, we're
proud of our talented group of researchers, who continue the long
tradition of technical excellence in innovation. For more than 60 years,
HRL's scientists and engineers have been on the leading edge of
technology, conducting pioneering research, providing real-world
technology solutions, and advancing the state of the art. We continue to
be recognized as one of the world's premier physical science and
engineering research laboratories.