[robotics-worldwide] Call for Participation and Answers (and Questions) for the workshop on Replicable Robotics Research, Benchmarking and Result Exploitation: where we are at ERF2013 Lyon March, 21st

Fabio Bonsignorio fabio.bonsignorio at uc3m.es
Wed Mar 6 13:43:36 PST 2013

Apologies for multiple postings

Dear All,
You are kindly invited to participate to the ERF2013,
www.eurobotic2013.com,  workshop on Replicable Robotics Research,
Benchmarking and Result Exploitation,
http://www.heronrobots.com/EuronGEMSig/gem-sig-events/rrr-and-benchmarking-where-we-are

After several years of discussions on the need of research replication
and benchmarking there are now some viable and concrete ideas about
how to trigger a leap in this direction.
We would like to update the community on recent progress and gather
ideas for further steps.

Approach:

It will be a guided brainstorming: participants will be asked to state
their position on 3  basic questions decided by the organizers.

1. Which areas are READY NOW?

2. Which information we need to share to allow replication of experiments?

3. What we should do to motivate active researchers to publish
'replicable experiments'?

One more: which additional issues do you see?

--->>>If you won't attend the workshop in Lyon please send your
(short) answers and questions, we will throw them into the
discussion.<<<---

We have some ideas and proposal on this, but we want to crowd source
the solutions! :-)

Program

March 21st

13:30 – 13:40 Introduction by the moderators
13:40 – 14:10 SOA on RRR and Benchmarking
14:10 – 15:30 Guided Brainstorming

How can participants contribute to, and prepare for, the workshop?

Send a short abstract, for a 20 minute interactive talk, book a 3 min
flash talk, attend actively. We aim at a possibly chaotic but
productive meeting.

During the entire European Robotics Forum 2013, you'll be able to
visit the INNOROBO event (www.innorobo.com), free of charge.

Looking forward to meet you there

Fabio, Angel and John

--
CONFIDENTIAL AND PRE-DECISIONAL INFORMATION

Fabio P. Bonsignorio

IEEE Senior Member

Ceo
Heron Robots s.r.l.
Via R.Ceccardi 1/18
I-16121 Genova
Italy
www.heronrobots.com

Founding Director
euRobotics aisbl

Professor
Banco de Santander Chair of Excellence in Robotics
Universidad Carlos III de Madrid
Edificio Agustín de Betancourt, Despacho 1.3B01
Avda. Universidad, 30
28911 Leganés
Spain