[robotics-worldwide] Postdoc Position Openings in the Biorobotics Lab in the Robotics Institute

Howie Choset choset at cs.cmu.edu
Wed Mar 6 16:48:19 PST 2013

We are seeking a motivated postdoc researcher to conduct and lead
research in motion planning, control, and their implementation on real
systems. We are looking to augment the following two projects:

1. position estimation and mapping with medical robots

2. optimal path planning in topological spaces

The candidate should also feel comfortable in exploring new fields as
well. We are particularly interested in decentralized modular robotics
for assembly and manufacturing.

Our research group is an enthusiastic, collaborative and hard working
one, with an emphasis on strong fundamentals and implementing new
concepts on robots. Strong analytic, communication and English writing
skills are necessary. If you feel that you can learn from, contribute
toward, and have a good time in such an environment, then please send a
CV, three letters of recommendation, links to at most three relevant
publications, and a short statement of interest to

Howie Choset, choset at cs.cmu.edu

Also, include in the email a time at which you will become available.
This position can open immediately.
--
Howie Choset, Professor
Robotics Institute, Carnegie Mellon