[robotics-worldwide] Job Opportunity: Lead Robotics Engineer at GE Global Research
Kannan, Balajee (GE Global Research)
Balajee.Kannan at ge.com
Sat Mar 16 07:36:22 PDT 2013
GE Global Research has an immediate full-time opening for an experienced Lead Robotic Systems Engineer. As a Lead Robotic Systems Engineer you will work with GE Global Research, GE Business teams, and other external GE partners to define, build, and execute strategic research and development programs focused on building core robotic systems, autonomy technologies, and other cyber-physical systems aligned with GE’s Brilliant Machines and Industrial Internet initiatives.
* Develop, lead and grow new technology concepts with strategic impact focused on autonomy and robotics technologies and the Industrial Internet.
* Lead the development of new autonomous systems technology.
* Interface with business leaders and external partners and provide direction and guidance for technology roadmaps.
* Identify key technical issues and produce cutting-edge technical breakthroughs in the area of autonomy and robotic systems
* Actively drive design, architecture, and development efforts.
* Doctorate degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or a related discipline with at least 3 years of experience developing autonomy solutions for a diverse set of problems (planning, positioning, perception. Etc.)
* Experience in design and development of distributed cyber-physical systems, autonomous robotic systems, simulation environments and human-robot interfaces
* Significant experience related to systems architecture, design, and system integration
* Familiarity with core artificial intelligence concepts including path planning, kinematic and dynamic modeling of robots, perception, graphical simulation, and GUIs.
* Significant Experience in C/C++ programming
* Experience with the ROS software package
* Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals at the Masters level for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.
* Must be willing to work out of an office located in Niskayuna, NY.
* Must be willing to take a drug test and submit to a background investigation as part of the selection process.
* Must be 18 years or older.
* 5 or more years working with embedded robotics platforms developing online algorithms
* 2 or more years Programming in python or ruby.
* Experience with wireless sensor networks, and wireless communication protocols.
* Demonstrated ability to convert high-level customer needs into a technical development strategy.
* Excellent interpersonal and communication skills. Communicate effectively both in written and oral English;
* Self-motivated, innovative, willing to pursue new technical areas and capable of working independently.
* Possesses superior problem solving skills, and independent decision making abilities, all while operating in an extremely demanding, fast-paced team setting.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
You must submit your application for employment on the careers page at www.gecareers.com (Job Number: 1717011) to be considered.
About GE Global Research:
At GE Global Research, we’re redefining what’s possible. From cutting-edge research in molecular pathology for use in personalized cancer diagnostics to programs in coal gasification and renewable power that drive clean energy solutions, our work at Global Research is world-renowned. As part of our team, you’ll find yourself among nearly 3,000 scientists and engineers from every discipline in a dynamic atmosphere where you’ll be constantly challenged to learn and grow. You’ll have access to leaders on all levels of the organization and collaborate across the globe with the very best in the field. If you have an insatiable intellectual curiosity and the ability to articulate your vision, then join us and watch the work you do create the next generation of products and processes that will impact the globe for generations to come.
Find out more at www.ge.com/research<http://www.ge.com/research>, and connect with our technologists at http://www.edisonsdesk.com<http://edisonsdesk.com> and http://twitter.com/edisonsdesk
Balajee Kannan, Ph.D.
Distributed Intelligent Systems Laboratory,
GE Global Research,
T +1 518 387 6647
M +1 865 8031454
balajee.kannan at ge.com
One Research Circle, K1-5B2A
Niskayuna, NY 12309
GE imagination at work
More information about the robotics-worldwide