[robotics-worldwide] Second Call for Demos and Posters : ICRA 2013 Workshop on Interactive Perception

Brock, Oliver oliver.brock at tu-berlin.de
Thu Mar 21 14:04:49 PDT 2013

ICRA 2013 Workshop on Interactive Perception
Karlsruhe, Germany
May 6, 2013

Important Dates:

Submission of Posters and Demos Due: 1 April 2013
Notification of Acceptance: 15 April 2013
Final Submissions Due: 1 May 2013
Workshop at ICRA 2013 in Karlsruhe: 6 May 2013
Website: http://mobilemanipulation.org/icra2013/
Submission site: https://www.easychair.org/conferences/?conf=ipicra13

Motivation and Objectives:

In interactive perception, purposeful manipulation depends on the robot's ability to curiously explore its environment through interaction. Recent results show an increase in interest in interactive perception and include interactive perception methods for object segmentation, modeling, grasping, and learning of manipulation skills. Interestingly, these results have appeared in several relevant communities, including: perception, grasping, manipulation, and machine learning.
Our objective for this full day workshop is to bring together researchers to discuss state of the art, implementations, and future directions of interactive perception research. In particular, the focus will be on 1. Integration of sensing modalities 2. Discussion of whether interactive perception is the same as integration of action and perception 3. Bringing together and encouraging collaborations between researchers in relevant sub-disciplines At the workshop, we will launch the interactive-perception.org website which will serve as a platform for sharing implementations, relevant videos and publications with the community.
To spice up the workshop, we will organize debates. We expect the debates to initiate a fruitful discussion with the audience.

Submissions

We solicit one-page A4 paper abstract submissions for the two types of
presentations: posters and live demonstrations, optionally accompanied by a video. Both will be reviewed by the program committee.
We would especially like to encourage live demos either during the poster session or in a special demo session. On demand we will make effort to provide Turtlebot or PR2 robot. Accepted posters and videos will be archived online on the website of the Technical Committee on Mobile Manipulation (http://www.mobilemanipulation.org/).

Topics of interest include (but are not limited to):
1. Segmentation and recognition of objects in clutter
2. Tracking of objects
3. Grasping of objects in clutter
4. Arm motion planning in constrained spaces
5. Scene parsing and priors
6. Probabilistic modeling and uncertainty
7. Machine learning
8. Developmental learning
9. Tactile sensing

Invited Speakers:

Oliver Brock (TUB, Overview)
Danica Kragic (KTH, Perception)
Matt Mason (CMU, Manipulation)
Aaron Bobick (GaTech, Perception)
Stan Birchfield (Clemson, Perception)
Dieter Fox (UW, Learning)

Program Committee

Megha Gupta, Mario Prats, Tucker Hermans, Jeannette Bohg, Sebastian Höfer, Roberto Martin, Moslem Kazemi, Mehmet Dogar, Juergen Sturm, Lillian Chang, Matei Ciocarlie, Clemens Eppner, Niklas Bergstroem

Schedule:
9.00 Introduction to interactive perception (1x30min)
9.30 Invited speakers (1x30min)
10:00 Coffee break
10.30 Invited speakers (4x30min)
12:30 Lunch