[robotics-worldwide] No2: Requesting Information of Robotics for Nuclear Decommissioning

Y. Nakamura nakamura at ynl.t.u-tokyo.ac.jp
Thu Mar 21 21:32:47 PDT 2013

THIS IS A NEW CALL FOR THE SECOND REQUEST FROM NATURAL RESOURCES AND
ENERGY OF JAPAN BY MITSUBISHI RESEARCH INSTITUE.

IEEE TC for Robotics and Automation for Nuclear Facilities would like
to distribute the following announcement and to request supports from
the robotics community worldwide.

By the initiative of Agency for Natural Resources and Energy of Japan
the following announcement was made by Mitsubishi Research Institute,
Inc., a consulting firm entrusted by the agency. Although the orginal
deadline is March 22, proposals are to be received by March 29 (JST).

For further information about this call of outline, format, and
example is available, please let me or Mistubishi Research Institute
know  (nakamura at ynl.t.u-tokyo.ac.jp , tech-catalog at mri.co.jp)

Yoshihiko Nakamura
Co-Chair
IEEE TC for Robotics and Automation for Nuclear Facilities

MESSAGE FROM MITSUBISHI RESEARCH INSTITUTE

To whom it may concern,

This is to inform about the Invitation and Application Procedures for
Updating the Technical Catalog on "Machine/ Equipment Development for
Decommissioning the TEPCO Fukushima Daiichi Nuclear Power Plant" in
Japan.

We hope you do not mind me contacting you, but we wonder if you could
help us with the following inquiry.

[Overview]
Mitsubishi Research Institute, Inc. is entrusted from the Agency for
Natural Resources and Energy in conducting "Machine/ Equipment
Development for Decommissioning the TEPCO Fukushima Daiichi Nuclear
Power Plant" to upgrade and to develop a Technical catalog with
relevant technologies. As part of this project and in order to develop
machine/ equipments necessary in decommissioning the TEPCO Fukushima
Daiichi Power Plant, we would like to publicly announce this activity
to invite applicable technologies from inside of Japan and from
abroad.

[Technologies Intended for Request]
A Technology on Machine/ Equipment Development for Fuel Debris Removal
Preparation

1)Technologies related to Manipulator
2)Simulator Technologies for Operator Training

[Information for Detail]
For those who have an interest in our request, please send an e-mail
to our Techical Catalog Research Team at tech-catalog at mri.co.jp. Then
we will send the application form and more information as attached
files by return.

* This additional public offering is intended to upgrade a Technical
Catalog edited last fiscal year, and different from the another public
offering on our Website.

To get more information of the another public offering about "A
Technology to Move and Investigate Inside the Nuclear Reactor
Building", please refer to the following website:

http://www.mri.co.jp/tech-catalog-eng/