[robotics-worldwide] CfP and Live Demonstrations - RSS 2013 Workshop on Resource-Efficient Integration of Perception, Control, and Navigation for Micro Air Vehicles (MAVs)

Darius Burschka darius.burschka at gmail.com
Thu Mar 28 09:51:28 PDT 2013

INVITATION:

Our apologies if you receive duplicates of this posting.

*********************************************************'
RSS2013 2nd Workshop on Resource-Efficient Integration of Perception, Control,
and Navigation for Micro Air Vehicles (MAVs)

http://rss2013_uav.visual-navigation.com

Important Dates:
	• Extended abstracts due:    May   3, 2013
	• Notification of acceptance: May 17, 2013
	• Final submission:               May 31, 2013
        • Workshop:			     Jun  28,  2013

We encourage the submissions of live demos and working systems.

Extended abstracts about one or multiple topics of the workshop should be submitted by
email to rss-workshop-perception at dlr.de by May 03, 2013.
See submission details on http://rss2013_uav.visual-navigation.com/submission.html

The wide availability of small and cheap flying platforms (e.g. quadrotors) in combination with advances in embedded systems, high density batteries and lightweight sensors has made small UAS very attractive for a wide range of applications like area surveillance, asset inspection, mapping or search and rescue. The compact size and small weight also make them easier to deploy, both due to their high portability and because obtaining an operational permit is typically easier for such systems.

The goal of the workshop is to collect current state-of-the art solutions to the aforementioned issues. Our key interests lie in the latest developments in the area of robust integration of perception with control and planning of the highly dynamic motion of resource-limited flying platforms. We are also interested in new developments in the field of internal environment representation and collaborative approaches in perception and exploration.

Topics  include, but are not limited to:

	• Robust and accurate perception from limited sensing on light-weight, resource-limited systems (e.g. fusion approaches with an emphasis on error-tolerance and extension of the dynamic range observable)

	• Planning and control approaches for highly dynamic systems to cope with the disadvantages of limited sensing on small platforms

	• Interaction between internal representation and low-/high-level control for scalable action generation under degrading perceptive conditions

	• Integration of perception with action/reaction approaches towards improved performance and safety in small unmanned systems

	• Collaborative multi-system approaches to perception and perception/action solutions for planning and control of unmanned systems with limited sensing.

	• Novel sensor designs and sensing strategies integrated into resource-limited mobile autonomous systems.

We are looking forward to your contributions
   The Organizers (Darius Burschka, Roland Siegwart, Michael Suppa, Markus Achtelik, and Korbinian Schmid)