[robotics-worldwide] Postdoc opening at The University of Chicago in Medical Robotics
Rodney D. Wiersma
rwiersma at uchicago.edu
Fri Mar 29 07:25:53 PDT 2013
We currently have a postdoctoral opening for the following project:
Development of a real-time robotic head motion cancellation system based on
a 6DOF inverse kinematic Steward platform (hexapod). This project will be
used for precise patient positioning during stereotactic brain
radiosurgery. During the project the postdoctorial fellow will be expected
- play a leading role in the design, construction, and clinical
implementation of a 6DOF robotic Stewart platform.
- provide leadership and mentoring to graduate students.
- publish papers in peer reviewed scientific journals and present at
It is expected that the successful candidate will have the following
- hold a PhD in engineering, physics or computer science.
- have experience in the design, construction, and control of multi-DOF
robotic systems such as an inverse kinematic hexapod.
- custom linear actuator design, construction, and control including
- robotic control programming experience (labview, matlab, or C/C++).
Qualified applicants should respond by e-mail as soon as possible to Prof.
Rodney Wiersma (rwiersma at uchicago.edu) with a description of their
qualifications, academic background, PhD thesis, publications, career goals
and availability. The initial appointments will be for one year with the
possibility of extension. The postdoc would be employed under the
Biological Sciences Division at the The University of Chicago (
More information about the robotics-worldwide