[robotics-worldwide] Crowd-funding for a movie on robots on kickstarter

Giorgio Metta Giorgio.Metta at iit.it
Wed May 15 05:41:54 PDT 2013

Dear Roboticists,

This message is somewhat unusual for the robotic-worldwide ML, but I'd like to draw your attention to the following call for crowd-funding for a robotics-based film project. The short film is called "The Nostalgist," after a short-story written by roboticist Daniel H Wilson (author of the novel Robopocalypse). Daniel obtained his PhD at CMU, advised by our well-known colleague Chris Atkeson in the area of Ubiquitious Computing. The movie has deep robot themes and characters based on Daniel's research experience. It is directed by Giacomo Cimini  and stars Lambert Wilson (the "Merovingian" from The Matrix movies) and 10-year-old Samuel Joslin (The Impossible).

Long story short, The Nostalgist has already been shot and the filmmakers are crowd-funding the final visual effects (i.e., the robots!). Please see the kickstarter webpage at this link: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/wonder-room/the-nostalgist-a-sci-fi-short-film

Please donate :-)
Best,
  Giorgio Metta

Giorgio Metta <giorgio.metta at iit.it>