[robotics-worldwide] Invitation special session on robotic emotion and its applications of 6th IEEE CIS-RAM 2013

hoseoka hoseoka at gmail.com
Wed May 15 19:12:22 PDT 2013

Call For Papers - Special session on Robotic Emotion and its Applications

6th IEEE Int'l Joint Conference on Cybernetics and Intelligent Systems (CIS)
& Robotics, Automation and Mechatronics (RAM)

We would like to invite you to submit a paper for a special session on
robotic emotion and its applications of 6th IEEE Int'l Joint Conference on
Cybernetics and Intelligent Systems (CIS) & Robotics, Automation and
Mechatronics (RAM). As robots are communicate with humans as their partner,
emotional system performs an important role in robotic systems. Robotics
emotion is essential to improve the quality of our life and applied to
various areas, for example, performance in theater, assisting and healing
humans, etc.

This special session will focus on the current advances in the area of
robotics emotion and its applications, including techniques for facial and
behavior generation, mechanisms of expression systems, and evaluations of
emotional systems. Papers are solicited on all areas directly related to
these topics, including but not limited to:

- Social human robot interaction

- Emotion based robot systems

- Performance robot systems

- Assisting and healing robot systems

- Speech/Vision recognition

- Facial expression

- Behavior generation

- Gesture based programming

- Imitating human emotion and gesture

- Modeling and capturing Human behavior

- Emotional model

* Conference Information

12-15 November 2013

Manila and Pico de Loro Beach & Country Club, Philippines

Conference webpage: www.cis-ram.org/2013

* Important Dates

paper submission: 11 June 2013

Notification of acceptance: 11 August 2013

Final camera-ready manuscript: 11 September 2013

Registration: 11 September 2013

* Organizers of the Session

Bruce MacDonald, The University of Auckland, b.macdonald at auckland.ac.nz

Ho Seok AHN, ATR International, hoseoka at gmail.com

Prospective authors are invited to submit full-length papers (6 pages)
through the online submission system. All papers accepted and presented at
CIS-RAM 2013 will be published by IEEE and indexed by ISI Proceedings,
Scopus, and EI Compendex database. Selected papers will be shortlisted for
special issues in related international journals.

If you are interested in our special issue, please contact with organizers
of this session for more information.

We look forward to meeting you at CIS-RAM 2013!

Sincerely yours,

Ho Seok AHN