[robotics-worldwide] Postdoctoral Positions in Robotic Surgery at Boston Children's Hospital, Harvard Medical School

Dupont, Pierre Pierre.Dupont at childrens.harvard.edu
Thu May 16 10:40:17 PDT 2013

Three highly qualified postdoctoral fellows are sought for the following
projects:

Surgical Robot Design and Sensor Integration - This project involves
developing robots with integrated sensing and tooling for specific
clinical applications. Strong prototyping and system integration skills
including real-time control are needed. Experience in surgical robotics is
preferred. The ability to work collaboratively with clinicians and
corporate partners is also important. It is expected that the successful
candidate will hold a PhD in engineering, physics or computer science.

MRI-powered Robots (two positions) - These projects involve creating
robots that are powered, controlled and imaged with an MRI scanner.
Applicants must possess a strong background in dynamic modeling, motion
planning, control systems and computer programming. Experience in MRI
systems, magnetic actuation and prototype fabrication is highly desirable.
It is expected that the successful candidate will hold a PhD in
engineering, physics or computer science.

Our Lab's mission is to embed creative young engineers and scientists in
the #1 US pediatric hospital. This ensures that we work on clinically
important problems and enables us to rapidly transition engineering
prototypes to a clinical setting for testing. More information on our lab
can be found at: http://robotics.tch.harvard.edu

Qualified applicants should respond by email as soon as possible to Prof.
Pierre Dupont (Pierre.Dupont at childrens.harvard.edu) with a description of
their qualifications, academic background, PhD thesis, publications,
career goals and availability. Also include pdf's of up to 3 publications.
Initial appointments will be for one year with the possibility of
extension. Postdoctoral appointments will be made through Harvard Medical
School.

Pierre E. Dupont
Boston Children's Hospital
Harvard Medical School