[robotics-worldwide] post-doc position in plant perception and manipulation

Nikolaus Correll nikolaus.correll at colorado.edu
Thu May 23 08:22:13 PDT 2013

Hi,

please forward to interested parties:

I'm looking for a post-doc to support my NASA “Autonomous Food
Production” project at CU Boulder. The long-term goal of this project
is fully autonomous production of salad and strawberries in a
controlled environment starting from tele-operation to fully
autonomous operation. I’m looking for someone with a strong background
in computer vision and/or 3D point cloud  registration; experience in
manipulation is a plus.

The lab is equipped with a tele-operated greenhouse system that allows
360 degree manipulation of a rack of plants via a custom manipulator
arm, a gantry system systematically collecting RGB-D data of a number
of Strawberry plants, and a Baxter robot. The working environment is
highly collaborative and the Research Associate will complement  the
efforts of multiple PhD students working on path-planning,
manipulation and human-factors aspects of this project as well as
interacting with faculty from bio-astronautics and biology at CU, and
local industry working on "Vertical Farming".

http://correll.cs.colorado.edu/?page_id=225

The posititon is available for up to two years, starting September
1st, 2013. In order to apply, please email me your current CV, one
sample publication, names of references that I can contact, and a
cover letter describing both your professional and research goals.
Please put "[post-doc]" into the subject line.

Regards
Nikolaus

--
Assistant Professor