[robotics-worldwide] Open Position at Meka Robotics: Lead Robotics Build Engineer

Michelle Crum michelle.crum at mekabot.com
Wed May 29 15:03:23 PDT 2013

*Lead Robotics Build Engineer

San Francisco based Meka Robotics designs and builds world class robotic
arms, hands, and humanoids. It also collaborates closely with leading
research labs worldwide to innovate and commercialize the next generation
of robotic technologies. Meka seeks a disciplined, creative, and motivated
individual to lead the manufacture, assembly, and test of our humanoid
robot product line and R&D prototypes. The ideal candidate will have both a
passion for robotics and a strong background in building complex
mechatronic systems. We seek a creative, analytical, and disciplined
engineer that thrives in a dynamic start-up environment. Attention to
detail and the ability to communicate effectively within a small team are
essential.

Meka has an internal build team that is tasked with taking engineering
concepts from CAD to working prototype. We have on premises full service
machining, rapid prototyping, and assembly facilities. In this role you
will lead the entire build process across multiple programs spanning
underwater humanoids, 3D bipeds, and dexterous arms. Above all we are
looking for a candidate that has demonstrated efficiency, organization, and
meticulousness when building complex mechatronic systems. The ability to
quickly brainstorm and problem solve mechatronic issues, from firmware to
bearing fits, is essential. We're looking for outstanding portfolios that
show superstar capabilities.

Desired Experience:

   * Strong experience with precision mechanical assembly including various
geartrains
   * Strong experience with assembly and test of mechatronic systems,
including motors, sensors, and electronics
   * Strong experience with SolidWorks and CAM packages
   * Strong experience with manual mill, lathe, and general fabrication
   * Strong experience preparing SolidWorks shop drawings for external
vendors
   * Desired 1+ year with Haas CNC machining center or comparable
   * Desired experience with Linux, Simulink, and/or Python within the
context of mechatronic systems

This is a full-time position with salary DOE.  Meka Robotics is located in
the Mission district of San Francisco. Please submit a resume and any
supporting material to jobs at mekabot.com. No phone calls and NO recruiters
please.*

--
Best Regards,