[robotics-worldwide] Job Posting: Robotics Research Engineer @ Kiva Systems
PWurman at kivasystems.com
Fri May 31 06:47:30 PDT 2013
The Kiva Mobile Fulfillment System enlists fleets of hundreds of mobile robots to automate distribution centers, dramatically increasing productivity, flexibility, and throughput by enabling organizations to optimize their operations. Kiva brings the same algorithms that enable businesses to manage their data in the virtual world to the way they manage their inventory in the physical world. Our customers are brand-name retail, medical device and e-commerce companies who distribute world-class products worldwide. Check out our website, find us on YouTube, or become a fan of us on Facebook to learn more about who we are and what we do.
Kiva’s Research and Advanced Development group is seeking a passionate, self-motivated and experienced robotics engineer to explore and develop new robotic systems and related technologies applied to enhancing Kiva’s existing solution. Applications include developing specialized mobile robots, location awareness sensors, and advanced machine vision solutions.
The ideal candidate will have experience conceptualizing, designing, building and evaluating novel robotic or related electro-mechanical, computer-controlled and sensor-informed systems. Demonstrated creative thinking and the ability to distill complex problems and propose simple, elegant solutions is fundamental to the position. This candidate must also have strong communication skills and the ability to work well both independently and in team settings. Further, this candidate should be familiar with fast paced environments and the high energy culture that goes with launching innovative new products.
The Robotics Research Engineer will be responsible for:
- Evaluate emerging technologies
- Develop specifications for new technologies to enhance Kiva’s robotic fulfillment system
- Design and implement physical prototypes involving electro-mechanical hardware and supporting software
- Design and execute field testing
- Summarize research projects and report results orally and in writing
- Support technology transfer to engineering departments
The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications:
- Advanced degree in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering or related fields
- PhD or at least 5 years of experience with developing electro-mechanical or robotic systems or in related fields of mechatronics or automation engineering
- Experience with advanced design and analysis tools (e.g. MatLab, SolidWorks)
- Experience with developing/implementing test protocols
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Highly motivated, self-directed and willing to dig in and pursue new knowledge areas
Please send qualified resumes to jobs at kivasystems.com and put your name and the job title on the subject line.
Pete Wurman, Ph.D. | Chief Technology Officer | Kiva Systems, Inc.
tel: 781.305.5102 | cell: 508-517-9093 | pwurman at kivasystems.com | www.kivasystems.com
More information about the robotics-worldwide