[robotics-worldwide] [jobs] University of Buffalo, State University of New York Tenure Track opening in Robotics

Karthik Dantu kdantu at buffalo.edu
Mon Nov 4 12:51:27 PST 2013

University at Buffalo, State University of New York

The University at Buffalo Department of Computer Science and
Engineering invites candidates to apply for multiple tenured and
tenure-track faculty positions beginning in the 2014-2015 academic
year. We invite candidates from all areas of computer science and
engineering, especially robotics; systems and networking; computer
engineering; big data analytics and cloud computing; and theory and
algorithms. Applicants should have a Ph.D. in computer science or a
related area and demonstrate potential for excellence in research,
teaching, and mentoring. Please use posting number 1300686 to apply.

Junior Position in Cyber-Physical Systems and Analytics
We also invite outstanding candidates to apply for an opening at the
assistant professor level to work closely with the newly established
Institute of Sustainable Transportation and Logistics (ISTL). Research
areas of interest include cyber-physical systems; connected and
automated vehicles; data-acquisition and analysis; and end-to-end
workflow process management. Please use posting number 1300727 to
apply.

Applications should be submitted by December 31, 2013, electronically
via http://www.ubjobs.buffalo.edu/.

The University at Buffalo is an Equal Opportunity Employer.

Computer Science and Engineering at the University at Buffalo

The Department of Computer Science and Engineering has 34 tenured and
tenure-track faculty and four teaching faculty. We have hired twelve
faculty members in the last three years and continuing to expand
rapidly. Eight members of our faculty are NSF CAREER award recipients.
Our faculty members are actively involved in successful
interdisciplinary programs and centers devoted to biometrics;
bioinformatics; biomedical computing; cognitive science; document
analysis and recognition; high performance computing; information
assurance and cyber security; and computational and data science and
engineering.

The University at Buffalo

UB 2020 (http://www.buffalo.edu/UB2020) is a strategic development
plan initiated by University President Satish Tripathi for enhancing
educational opportunities for our students, advancing research
discoveries that improve life for people throughout the world, and
increasing our university’s economic impact on our region and New York
State. To achieve these ambitious goals, the University at Buffalo
will hire over 250 faculty during the next five years. UB 2020 is part
of NYSUNY 2020 plan initiated by Governor Andrew Cuomo.

Buffalo

Buffalo is the second largest city in New York state, and was rated
the 10th best place to raise a family in America by Forbes magazine in
2010 due to its short commutes and affordability. Located in scenic
Western New York, Buffalo is located near world-famous Niagara Falls,
the Finger Lakes, and the Niagara Wine Trail. The city is renowned for
its architecture and features excellent museums, dining, cultural
attractions, and several professional sports teams.