[robotics-worldwide] Engineer Positions: Robotics & mechanical engineering and control engineering positions are available at Hstar Technologies, Cambridge, MA (full-time).

Yi-Je Lim ylim at hstartech.com
Tue Sep 10 15:30:54 PDT 2013

Robotics & mechanical engineering and control engineering positions are
available at Hstar Technologies, Cambridge, MA (full-time).

Hstar Technologies is an innovative medical robotics company headquartered
in Cambridge, MA. A spin-off from MIT CSAIL, Hstar is developing
cutting-edge robotics, virtual reality, haptics and human machine
interaction technologies, as well as entertainment robotics. A rapidly
growing company, Hstar is harnessing technologies developed through advanced
research and development to create industry leading commercial products. We
seek strong candidates in robotics to join our talented team.  These are
full-time positions, pay DOE, for only US citizens or permanent residents.
Please submit your resume and any supporting material such as design
portfolios to jobs at hstartech.com.

------------------------------

1. Robotics and Mechanical Engineer (Full Time)

We seek strong candidates in mechanical engineering to join our talented
engineering team. This position requires strong experience with:

- Robot mechanism design

- Electric motor actuator and precision gearbox design

- Design for manufacturing of production mechanical systems

- Sourcing components and working with vendors

- Assembly and machining of mechanical systems

- Hands-on experience prototyping real robots and motion control

- Ability to troubleshoot/repair/maintain a wide range of mechanical systems

- Solidworks, MS Office

A Master degree with 3 years or B.S. with 5 years experience in Robotics
Engineering or equivalent is required.

------------------------------

2. Manipulator Control and Embedded System Engineer (Full Time)

We seek strong candidates in robot control and embedded systems engineering
to lead development of manipulator control software and embedded control
electronics. This position requires:

- 3+ years of software development experience in robotic applications

- Extensive knowledge of the Linux environment

- Extensive knowledge of Python and C/C++

- Experience/familiarity with the following:

*	network programming
*	manipulator control and/or automation process control
*	serial communication (e.g., SPI) and CAN bus communication protocols

*	DSPs
*	EtherCAT
*	ROS

The roles and responsibilities include:

- develop robot related network communications libraries

- develop robot related python and c++ tools and libraries

- develop vision, path planning and control algorithms for an autonomous
mobile robotic system

- software testing, maintenance and documentation

- software support to other team members

A B.S., Masters or Ph.D. degree with at least 5 years of relevant experience
is preferred.

-----

Yi-Je Lim (pronounced 'EJ'), PhD

Hstar Technologies Co.