[robotics-worldwide] Job Opportunity - Electronic Controls Engineer / Scientist
Jia, Zhen Export License Required - US UTRC
JiaZ at utrc.utc.com
Tue Sep 10 19:00:44 PDT 2013
Electronic Controls Engineer / Scientist
United Technologies Research Center (China) - Shanghai
United Technologies Research Center (UTRC) is an internationally recognized corporate research organization of United Technologies Corporation (UTC) that conducts research and development across a range of technology areas to drive its mission of "growth through innovation". UTRC partners with UTC business units and renowned external research organizations to impact organic growth of the Corporation through new product and process innovations. The operating units of UTC include: Pratt & Whitney (aircraft engines), Sikorsky (helicopters), Otis (elevators and escalators), UTC Climate Controls & Security (HVAC, building controls and security solutions), UTC Aerospace Systems (aerospace products), and UTC Power (environmentally advanced power solutions). Our headquarters is in East Hartford, USA with partnerships worldwide and a research and development center in Shanghai, China.
United Technologies Research Center (China) Ltd. was established in Shanghai in 1997 to provide a technology base for UTC business units via partnerships and collaborative R&D (universities and government institutes). Our engineers and scientists work on global projects in conjunction with other UTC business units and renowned research organizations to bring product and process innovation to enhance UTC products competitiveness in Asia and world-wide. We are a world-class research center advancing technologies that serve energy, environment, controls, security, and embedded systems.
United Technologies Research Center (China) Ltd. invites qualified individuals to apply for the following position in the Shanghai office. This position will compensate the chosen candidate at competitive local Shanghai market wage rate, and benefits will be administered based on local Shanghai benefit practices.
Senior Research Engineer: Electronic Controls
* Develop and implement novel control system architecture and algorithms for Heating, Ventilation, and Air-Conditioning (HVAC), security and building related applications.
* Team up with modeling engineers to perform simulation analysis using physics-based and data-driven models as well as design experiments to calibrate physics-based models and verify control performance.
* Interact with UTRC customers for requirements definition, controllers design and implementation for different UTC applications and system solutions.
* Define control algorithms and tuning rules based on system stability analyses, control objectives, sound theoretical principles for both MIMO and SISO control systems.
* Lead and participate in multidisciplinary projects, ensuring high quality deliverables and seamless integration with other UTRC and UTC business unit teams, as well as university partners.
* Enhance UTRC's recognition through the writing of technical papers and support the recruitment of world-class talent to UTRC.
Minimum Qualifications Required:
* Master with 5+ years experience or Ph.D with 3+ years experience in controls engineering, electrical engineering, applied mathematics, or a closely related field.
* Strong experience in system identification, control system architecture, and algorithm development and implementation.
* Experience in system modeling and identification with data-driven or physics-based models and sensor networks and optimization. Windows or Linux OS based software design.
* Experience in integration solution development in C/C++ and Matlab / Simulink / Stateflow.
* Fluent English (both written and spoken) and excellent communication skills.
* Expert knowledge with 10+ years experience in controls technology and implementation, and system optimization.
* Strong experience with model-based control development, including rapid prototyping implementation.
* Demonstrated ability to work effectively with multi-disciplinary teams in dispersed locations.
* Solid technical writing, presentation, project management, and communication skills. Record of technical contributions including patents and publications.
* Strong leadership skills and entrepreneurial attitude towards innovation.
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION OR TO SUBMIT CREDENTIALS PLEASE CONTACT
jiaz at utrc.utc.com<mailto:jiaz at utrc.utc.com>
More information about the robotics-worldwide