[robotics-worldwide] Job posting: Electrical Hardware Engineer, Airware (Newport Beach or San Francisco, CA)

Robert Ussery russery at airware.com
Tue Sep 3 20:44:17 PDT 2013

Greetings!

Airware is redefining the Unmanned Aerial Vehicle (UAV) industry (a.k.a.
the drone industry) by creating an operating system and development
platform for small commercial UAVs. Previous solutions have been closed
black boxes, while Airware’s enterprise solution combines autopilot
hardware, flexible software architectures, and an API for customization and
expansion. We are a rapidly growing startup, well-funded by two of the
world’s preeminent technology venture capital firms, Andreessen-Horowitz
and Google Ventures.

As we continue to grow, we have a need for a Electrical Engineer with a
background in hardware/PCB design. This Electrical Engineer will be
responsible for designing our future autopilots, sensor and effector
boards, custom power electronics, and supporting our UAV Systems
Engineering group in integrating our autopilot on customer aircraft. This
position is available either at our headquarters in Newport Beach,
California or at our recently opened satellite office in San Francisco.
Following are some of the qualifications for the job:

- Expert at mixed-signal printed circuit board schematic capture and
layout, including all electrical design, component selection, placement and
routing.
- Robotics experience - designing robot controllers, sensor boards,
effector drivers, etc. Experience with UAV electronics or autopilots is a
plus!
- Programming/Firmware development experience, including C/C++ software
development on microcontroller systems. Experience working with an RTOS and
ARM-based microcontrollers is preferred.
- Experience and aptitude for working as one of a very small electrical
engineering team as part of a larger multi-disciplinary group.

How to apply:
Go to http://www.airware.com/careers/ and click on the job requisition for
Electrical Engineer - Hardware. Alternatively, click on this link for the
Newport job http://jobvite.com/m?3p5G2gwX or this link for the San
Francisco job http://jobvite.com/m?3G5G2gwe

Feel free to email me with any questions about the job or about Airware at
russery at airware.com.

Cheers,
Robert
--