[robotics-worldwide] ICCEBS 2013 - Announce & Invitation
João Manuel R. S. Tavares
tavares at fe.up.pt
Wed Sep 4 06:51:47 PDT 2013
We are pleased to announce the International Conference on Computational and
Experimental Biomedical Sciences (ICCEBS2013 - www.fe.up.pt/~iccebs) in
Ponta Delgada, S Miguel Island, Azores, October 20-22, 2013.
The use of more robust, affordable and efficient techniques and technologies
with application in Biomedical Sciences is presently a subject of huge
interest and demand, and ICCEBS is intended to be a privileged discussion
forum to define their key stakeholders.
ICCEBS will bring together researchers from around the world representing
several scientific fields related to Biomedical Sciences, including
Engineering, Medicine, Biomechanics, Bioengineering, Biomaterials,
Experimental Mechanics, Computer Sciences, Computational Mathematics,
Hardware Developers and Manufactures, Electronic and Instrumentation and
In ICCEBS2013 will be considered topics of (not limited to):
- Analysis and diagnosis;
- Applications in medicine;
- Applications in veterinary;
- Artificial organs;
- Biological microelectromechanical systems, Labs-on-chips and Life-chips;
- Biomedical devices;
- Computational bio- imaging and visualization;
- Computational methods;
- Computer aided diagnosis;
- Computer assisted surgery;
- Experimental mechanics;
- Medical robotics;
- Minimally invasive devices and techniques;
- Molecular and Cellular Biomechanics;
- Numeral methods;
- Prosthesis and orthosis;
- ImagingSignal processing and analysis;
- Software development;
- Technical aids;
- Tissue engineering;
- Virtual reality.
Due to your very interesting and key research activities, we would like to
invite you to participate in ICCEBS2013 and share your expertize. Your
contribution is welcomed, and we would be honored if you could accept this
The Biomechanics Detective & Clues to Expensive Unintentional Injuries
James A. Ashton-Miller - University of Michigan, USA Experimental and
numerical microstructural modelling of vascular tissues
Estefanía Peña Baquedano - Universidad de Zaragoza, Spain Modelling flow
induced ATP/ADP concentration transport in patient-specific arteries
Perumal Nithiarasu - Swansea University, UK
- Deadline for one page abstract submission: 30th September 2013;
- Authors notification: 5th October 2013;
- Deadline for full papers (not mandatory): 15th January 2014.
- Abstracts: All accepted abstracts will be distributed in a USB pen.
- Full Papers (not mandatory): The proceedings book of ICCEBS2013, with all
full papers, will be published by Springer under the Book Series Lecture
Notes in Computational Vision and Biomechanics
- The organizers will prepare the publishing of a book with 20 invited works
from the most important ones presented in ICCEBS2013 (extended versions).
The book will be published by Springer under the Book Series Lecture Notes
in Computational Vision and Biomechanics (www.springer.com/series/8910).
- Additionally, the organizers will encourage the submission of extended
versions of the accepted works to related International Journals;
particularly, for special journal issues dedicated to ICCEBS2013. Two
already confirmed possibilities are: Computer Methods in Biomechanics and
Biomedical Engineering: Imaging & Visualization
(www.tandfonline.com/loi/tciv20) and International Journal for Computational
Vision and Biomechanics (www.fe.up.pt/~ijcvb).
A best work prize will be given by the conference organizers to the best
work presented in ICCEBS2013.
João Manuel R. S. Tavares, Universidade do Porto, Portugal
(tavares at fe.up.pt) Renato Natal Jorge, Universidade do Porto, Portugal
(rnatal at fe.up.pt) (ICCEBS co-chairs)
PS. For more information, you are invited to visit the conference webpage
More information about the robotics-worldwide