[robotics-worldwide] [meetings] IEEE/RSJ IROS2013 - Call for Participation (Advanced Registration: Sep 27th)

Kenji Suzuki kenji at ieee.org
Thu Sep 19 03:09:38 PDT 2013

* We apologize if you receive multiple copies of this announcement.
IEEE/RSJ IROS2013
http://www.iros2013.org/
IEEE/RSJ International Conference on  Intelligent Robots and Systems
November 3-7, 2013, Tokyo, Japan
The deadline for advanced registration is September 27, 2013,
offering discounts for IEEE RAS/IES, RSJ, SICE members.

Call for Participation

The 2013 IEEE/RSJ International Conference on Intelligent Robots
and Systems (IROS2013) will be held in Tokyo, Japan, during
November 3-7, 2013.

IROS2013 is the premier conference and worldwide event across
academia and industry. In addition to the Technical Program, the
conference features a diverse range of activities including
Plenary Talks, Exhibitions, Workshops and Tutorials. Moreover,
IROS exhibitions are organized in collaboration with International
Robot Exhibition (iREX), which is the largest robot tradeshow in
the world. iREX is held every 2 years and 2013 marks the 20th
anniversary, positioning this exhibition as the “Greatest Robot Event”
both within Japan and abroad. (No. of overseas exhibitors in 2011:
43 companies/organizations/98 booths)
http://www.nikkan.co.jp/eve/irex/english/index.html

---------
Technical Program
---------
Technical program is now available online.
https://ras.papercept.net/conferences/scripts/rtf/IROS13_ProgramAtAGlanceWeb.html
---------
Plenary Talks
---------
- Dynamic Robots: Mobility, Speed and Dexterity
 Marc Raibert, Boston Dynamics, USA
- Robotics-Assisted Automatic Fabrication of Cellsheets
 for Regenerative Medicine
 Masayuki Yamato, Tokyo Women's Medical University, Japan
- Surgical Robotics: From application specific robots to automated
 design and 3D-printing of patient-specific, disposable robots
 Prof. Tim C. Lüth, Technische Universität München, Germany
---------
Special Session, Nov 6, 1:30-3:00 pm
---------
The Uncanny Valley Revisited: A Tribute to Masahiro Mori
http://www.iros2013.org/special-session.html

A new IROS begins in 2013. We can lead this unique and prestigious
conference towards a new era of intelligent robots and systems to
meet the needs of the changing times.  --- IROS2013 New Horizon.
We all look forward to seeing you in Tokyo.

Yours Sincerely,

General Chair
Prof. Shigeki Sugano, Waseda Univ.
Program Chair