[robotics-worldwide] [jobs] CSIRO Research Scientist/Engineer in Field Robotics (Brisbane, Australia)
Jonathan.Roberts at csiro.au
Jonathan.Roberts at csiro.au
Fri Sep 20 03:11:46 PDT 2013
Senior / Principal Research Scientist (Robotics)
-Seeking strong leadership skills
-Transform ideas & technologies into applications
-Join our team of motivated robotics researchers & really make a difference!
The Autonomous Systems Research Program in the CSIRO Computational Informatics Division (CCI) is seeking an outstanding researcher in field robotics. Depending on academic standing and professional experience, the successful candidate will be offered a position as a Senior Research Scientist (CSOF6) or Principal Research Scientist (CSOF7).
See: http://www.csiro.au/asl for a summary of thr research lab
The successful candidate will become part of the world leading 3D SLAM (Zebedee) team.
Candidates should demonstrate the ability to conduct internationally recognized, cutting-edge research in robotics, have a significant publication record, and have experience in acquiring new project funding and transitioning technologies to applications. They should also have a strong interest in deploying robotic technologies in new domains, and in demonstrating these technologies in the field. Substantial experience in robotic perception and SLAM technologies are of special interest, but strong candidates from all areas of field robotics are encouraged to apply.
Specifically you will:
- actively participate in projects underway in the Autonomous Systems Laboratory and and CSIRO through project leadership, as a team member, and as a research leader;
- conduct cutting-edge research in field robotics and publish the results in leading peer-reviewed journals and conferences;
- explore the use of new robotic technologies in different application domains, and demonstrate their potential through system development and field testing;
- prepare research proposals and explore new project opportunities with potential public and private sponsors;
- transition research to commercialisation.
Location: Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
Salary: AU$106,000 to AU$141,000 plus up to 15.4% superannuation
Tenure: Indefinite / Ongoing
Ref No.: Q13/03349
To be considered you will hold a PhD in Robotics, Computer Science, Engineering or other relevant area.
You will also have:
- Research Skills: The ability to develop and pursue novel research approaches and idenfiy new, high-value applications of robotics research;
- Science Delivery: Very strong publication track record in leading journals and conferences;
- Science Leadership: Demonstrated expertise in your field with a national profile (CSOF6) or a growing international profile (CSOF7);
- Communication and Leadership: Strong communication skills with the ability to work and cooperate with other researchers, and supervise students, junior researchers (CSOF6) and research teams (CSOF7).
Australia is founding its future on science and innovation. Its national science agency, the Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organisation (CSIRO), is a powerhouse of ideas, technologies and skills for building prosperity, growth, health and sustainability. It serves governments, industries, business and communities.
Applications close Thursday 31 October, 2013 (11:30pm Australian Eastern Daylight Savings Time)
Please go to the online job site where you can download further details and apply online.
Go to: http://bit.ly/16thuFz
Research Program Leader - Autonomous Systems
CSIRO Computational Informatics, Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
Phone: +61 7 3327 4501 Website: http://www.csiro.au/asl
More information about the robotics-worldwide