[robotics-worldwide] [jobs] Software Engineer position at OSRF

Brian Gerkey gerkey at osrfoundation.org
Wed Sep 25 08:25:35 PDT 2013

The Open Source Robotics Foundation (http://osrfoundation.org) is
seeking applicants for a full-time software engineering position to
work on ROS-related projects.  Details are below and at:
    http://osrfoundation.org/jobs/
To apply, send your application materials to: jobs at osrfoundation.org.

We are also seeking applications and recommendations for great interns!

    brian.

Software Engineer

Primary Function

We are building a team to develop, improve, and extend the ROS
software platform. ROS is the kernel of a "robotics commons," a shared
resource from which we all benefit and to which we are all welcome to
contribute.

Thanks to generous grant funding, we have the opportunity to spend the
next few years making substantial contributions to ROS. Our work will
be focused by the development of a next-generation robotics middleware
("ROS 2.0"). Under that umbrella effort, topics of interest include:

- robot application development with mobile and web clients
- use of ROS in production environments
- multi-robot systems
- cross-platform portability (including embedded systems) and
- code quality and maintainability.

Roles and Responsibilities

Develop Python and C++ tools and libraries.
Develop mobile and web applications.
Full lifecycle application development.
Support, maintain and document software functionality.
Software testing and quality assurance.

Skills / Job Requirements

BS, MS, or PhD in Computer Science or equivalent.
Compensation commensurate with education and experience.
Several years of software development experience.
Extensive knowledge of C++ and/or Python (ideally both).
Extensive knowledge of Linux environments.
Experience with ROS or other robotics software.
Experience designing and developing user- and developer-friendly
software systems.

Nice to Have’s

Experience with middleware systems.
Experience with real robots.
Experience developing and maintaining open-source software.
Experience developing in Android, Java, Javascript, HTML5, and/or iOS.
Experience developing for embedded systems, Windows and/or OSX.

Application Material

Cover letter
Resume/CV
Downloadable code sample(s)
Two references and/or two letters of recommendation

To Apply

Send your Application Materials and links to any projects you’d like
us to look at to jobs at osrfoundation.org