[robotics-worldwide] [jobs] PhD positions in autonomous mobile robots at Halmstad University, Sweden

Roland Philippsen roland.philippsen.hh at gmail.com
Fri Sep 27 06:33:50 PDT 2013

Halmstad University, Sweden, is looking for creative team players to
join our Center for Applied Intelligent Systems Research.  We have two
immediate PhD openings as full time employees.  You want robots to
actively modify their environment in useful ways?  Your background
equips you to innovate in this area?  Then we would be delighted to
consider your application!

One opening [1] is on multi- and single-vehicle path planning in an FP7
project on smart Automated Guided Vehicles and Highly Automated Trucks
that co-operate in workspaces shared with human workers as well as
manually driven and automated vehicles.

The other [2] is on the creation of rich maps for robots operating with
varying degrees of autonomy in shared work yards, such as harbors or
construction sites.  A particular emphasis is on the interaction with
humans spanning a wide variety of roles.

For more details, please consult the following official documents and
feel free to contact me.

[1]
http://www.hh.se/omhogskolan/jobbahososs/ledigaanstallningar/doctoralstudentinmobileroboticswithspecializationmultiandsinglevehiclepathplanningandplanadaptationforomnidirectionalandnonholonomicvehicleside1313.65439592.html

[2]
http://www.hh.se/omhogskolan/jobbahososs/ledigaanstallningar/doctoralstudentinmobileroboticswithspecializationsharedhumanrobotconstructionofrichmapsforworksiteautomationide1213.65439591.html

Best regards,
Roland

--
Dr. Roland Philippsen
Assistant Professor, Halmstad University