[robotics-worldwide] [jobs] Postdoctoral Positions Available at National University of Singapore on Intelligent Sensing and Perception
ren at nus.edu.sg
Sat Sep 28 08:46:41 PDT 2013
Postdoctoral Positions Available at National University of Singapore on
Intelligent Sensing and Perception
Robust sensing and perception are essential modules for any robotic welding
and finishing system to sense, understand, and interact with the
environment in real-time and productively. The specific objectives include
the developments of software packages to provide modules for inspection,
process monitoring, and safety for welding and finishing processes and
advanced robust sensing technologies for improved welding and finishing
process in uncertain environments.
This project is one of the eight working packages of the industrial
robotics project. Prospective candidates applying for this position
(minimum of 1 year and maximum 3 years) will join a team working with
researchers from other leading research agencies in Singapore on research
and development of intelligent sensing and perception technologies and
systems using affordable sensors for industrial robotic welding and
finishing, including the algorithm design and implementation, system
integration and testing on the industrial robotic platform, etc. In
- Software packages to provide modules for process monitoring (seaming
tracking, surface roughness measurement, weld pool status monitoring, etc.).
- Advanced robust sensing techniques for improved welding and finishing
process control in uncertain and outdoor environments (Robust compressed
sensing algorithm, quality inspection, etc.)
- PhD in Electrical and Computer Engineering with a background in robotic
- Good at project management
- Strong C/C++ programming skills.
- Excellent communicator, ability to working in a team, learn quickly and
- Preferably working experience on software/hardware development and system
integration in relevant subjects such as industrial robotic surveillance,
welding and finishing operation, etc.
Remunerations will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Qualified candidates are invited to express their interest in applying the
position by sending us the following documentations in a single PDF file to
the email: srl at nus.edu.sg and ren at nus.edu.sg:
1. Detailed CV (resume) including a list of publications.
2. Copies of recent best research publications.
3. Any other supporting documents that can demonstrate the qualifications
and experiences of the applicants in related areas.
More information about the robotics-worldwide