[robotics-worldwide] [jobs] Research Fellow/Associate positions at SIMTech, A*STAR
Mustafa Shabbir Kurbanhusen Dr (SIMTech)
mustafa at simtech.a-star.edu.sg
Fri Apr 11 00:10:14 PDT 2014
Research Fellow and Research Associate positions at Singapore Institute of Manufacturing Technology
Mechatronics Group, Singapore Institute of Manufacturing Technology, Agency for Science Technology and Research
Industrial robots have been widely employed for repetitive, but mainly non-continuous contact type operations such as material handling, spray painting, and spot welding. Recent advances in robotics technology have opened up opportunities to employ industrial robots for more challenging tasks such as high- precision edge, surface finishing, welding of complex components operations, which are often encountered in the precision engineering, aerospace, and marine industries.
The Singapore Institute of Manufacturing Technology<http://www.simtech.a-star.edu.sg/>, a research institute under the Agency for Science Technology and Research, is inviting applications for a number of Research Fellow and Research Associate positions in the following areas of robotics:
- Mechanism design for robotic modules and manipulators
- Control of robotic modules and systems
- Active compliance, variable stiffness and passive dynamics
- Accuracy enhancement methods and systems
- Intuitive robot teaching
- Industrial robot programming
- Simulation and control software for industrial robots
- Robotic finishing
- Robotic welding
- Robotic ultrasonic inspection
Candidates applying for these positions will join a team of researchers looking into enhancing the existing capabilities of industrial robots through the research, design and development of new robotic modules, add on systems, and software architecture to tackle these new challenging tasks.
- For Research Fellow positions, applicants must have a PhD degree in Mechanical / Electrical / Electronics / Computer Engineering
- For Research Associate positions, applicants must have a Master’s or Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical / Electrical / Electronics / Computer Engineering
- Able to work effectively and independently in a team
- Fresh graduates are welcome to apply
- Relevant training and/or research experience in industrial robotics such as robot kinematics and dynamics.
- Preferably proficient in programming / CAD / CAE
- Preferably with experience in robotic system design and integration, motion and force control of robotic manipulators
Qualified candidates are invited to express their interest in applying for the above positions by sending us the following documentations in PDF to us by email:
- Cover letter indicating clearly the position applied for and the area of interest
- Detailed Curriculum vitae
- List of publications (for Research Fellow position)
Electronic submission of application is encouraged and can be sent to: MCH_enquiries at SIMTech.a-star.edu.sg<mailto:MCH_enquiries at SIMTech.a-star.edu.sg>
Short listed candidates will be notified to submit letters of recommendations and additional documents.
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
More information about the robotics-worldwide