[robotics-worldwide] [software] Code release: Monocular pose estimation based on infrared LEDs

Davide Scaramuzza scaramuzza.davide at gmail.com
Wed Apr 2 06:25:43 PDT 2014

Dear colleagues,

We are happy to announce that we just released our monocular pose estimation system as open-source ROS package. The system allows accurately, efficiently, and robustly estimating the relative pose of two robots using infrared LEDs. The system will be presented at ICRA this year.

Please check the video with a demonstration of the system's capabilities:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Ui3MoOxcPQ

The code is hosted on GitHub:
https://github.com/uzh-rpg/rpg_monocular_pose_estimator

More info here:
http://rpg.ifi.uzh.ch/software_datasets.html

Best regards,
Matthias Faessler, Elias Mueggler, Davide Scaramuzza

--

Prof. Dr. Davide Scaramuzza
Head of the Robotics and Perception Group: http://rpg.ifi.uzh.ch
University of Zurich,
Andreasstrasse 15, AND 2.26, Zurich, Switzerland
Office: +41 44 635 2409