[robotics-worldwide] [Jobs] Research Fellow Positions available at National University of Singapore

Yu Haoyong bieyhy at nus.edu.sg
Fri Aug 1 08:46:07 PDT 2014

Multiple Research Fellow Positions are available immediately in Robotics and NeuroRehabilitation Lab, Singapore Institute of Neurotechnology (SiNAPSE), National University of Singapore
1.	Surgical Robotics
We are looking for highly motivated candidates to participate in developing robotics systems for retinal surgery and neurosurgery. Candidates with a PhD degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering with the following relevant research background are welcome to apply:  mechatronics, robot design, surgical robotics, dynamic systems modeling, sensing, and control. Candidates with strong experimental experience as well as good written and spoken English skills are strongly preferred.
2.	Rehabilitation Robotics
We are currently developing a novel robotic exoskeleton for over ground gait training for individuals with neurological impairments. The system is based on a novel compact compliant force controllable actuator developed in our lab. Our research is focused on the development of adaptive shared control systems for the system to deliver optimal assistive torque needed based on the individual patient characteristics and different phases of the recovery process.
We are looking for highly motivated candidates with the following relevant research background to apply: biomechanics of human walking, sensory-motor control, rehabilitation and assistive engineering, electromechanical dynamic systems modeling and control, robot control, human robot interaction.
For more information about our research, please visit our website: http://www.sinapseinstitute.org/projects/robotics/index.php
SINAPSE will provide excellent work conditions impressive financial and physical resources. The salaries will be internationally competitive and commensurate with experience, and health insurance coverage as well as travel to international conferences will be included. Interested researchers and fellows should contact as soon as possible Prof. Haoyong Yu (bieyhy at nus.edu.sg) sending a CV with two external references and a letter of accomplishments, motivation and career goals.