[robotics-worldwide] [jobs] PhD scholarship in human-robot interaction - The University of New South Wales, Australia
dsil8780 at uni.sydney.edu.au
Wed Aug 13 15:40:02 PDT 2014
The Sir James McNeill Foundation Postgraduate Research Scholarship is
awarded to an outstanding student with an engineering, computer science
and/or cognitive science background to undertake a PhD in Robotics. The
scholarship pays a living allowance to a domestic or international
The PhD will work in a joint project between the Creative Robotics Lab
(NIEA) and the School of Computer Science and Engineering, at the
University of New South Wales (UNSW), Australia. The project will focus on
expanding and improving the understanding and prediction of human behaviour
during human-robot interactions.
- An Honours, Class 1 undergraduate degree (or Honours, Class 1 equivalence
such as Masters by Research) in engineering, computer science, robotics or
a related area.
- Excellent general engineering, machine learning or AI skills
- Good programming skills (Matlab, Python/C++)
- Highly motivated
- Capacity to work in an interdisciplinary team environment
- Good problem-solving and trouble-shooting skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
Applicants are required to send applications to m.pagnucco at unsw.edu.au and
mari.velonaki at unsw.edu.au include:
- a letter of interest outlining research interests and goals,
- a CV,
- full academic transcripts and
- at least one letter of recommendation.
Closing date: 7 September, 2014.
*International PhDs are subject to tuition fees. Outstanding applicants
will be eligible for a full tuition fee scholarship from UNSW.
Dr David Silvera-Tawil
Postdoctoral Research Fellow
Creative Robotics Lab, NIEA, UNSW
GPO Box 259, Paddington, NSW 2021, Australia
*E* d.silverat at unsw.edu.au
More information about the robotics-worldwide