[robotics-worldwide] [jobs] Tenure-track Position in Robotics, Harvard School of Engineering and Applied Sciences

Halmo, Becky bhalmo at seas.harvard.edu
Wed Aug 13 13:04:20 PDT 2014

Tenure-track Position in Robotics

The Harvard School of Engineering and Applied Sciences (SEAS) seeks applicants for a tenure-track faculty position in Robotics. We invite applications in the broadly defined areas of: dynamics and control (e.g. theoretical controls, biomechanics modeling, multi-body dynamics, system identification); perception; autonomy (e.g. bioinspired approaches to robot autonomy); and human-robot interaction (e.g. biosignal processing). However, applications from strong candidates in the general area of robotics and automation will also be considered. The expected start date is July 1, 2015.

Candidates are required to have a doctorate or terminal degree by the expected start date.  In addition, we seek candidates who have an outstanding research record and a strong commitment to undergraduate teaching and graduate training.  In particular, we are looking for broadly educated and multidisciplinary applicants who can interact with a wide range of faculty in Robotics and other areas of SEAS.  Priority will be given to the overall potential of the candidate.

Required application documents include a cover letter, curriculum vitae, statement of research interests, a teaching statement, up to three representative papers, and names and contact information for three to five references.  We encourage candidates to apply by November 1, 2014, but will continue to accept applications until the position is filled.  Applicants will apply on-line at http://academicpositions.harvard.edu/postings/5620

Robotics research at Harvard benefits from outstanding undergraduate and graduate students, an excellent location relative to neighboring schools and Harvard's teaching hospitals, significant industrial collaboration, and substantial support from the School of Engineering and Applied Sciences.  Information about SEAS's current faculty, research, and educational programs is available at:

http://www.seas.harvard.edu

Harvard University is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.