[robotics-worldwide] [jobs] Fall/spring HRI research internships at Savioke

Tessa Lau tlau at savioke.com
Mon Aug 18 14:52:37 PDT 2014

Savioke is developing autonomous robots for the services industry. Our
first robot, the SaviOne, will revolutionize hotel service by automatically
delivering amenities and snack items to hotel guests. Supported by an NSF
PFI:BIC award and in collaboration with the University of Pennsylvania, we
are also exploring the use of autonomous robots in elder care facilities to
improve quality of life for seniors. We have a position open for a
human-robot-interaction student to help us prototype and test different
robot applications in the elder care environment.

We are looking for the following skill sets:

   - Proven track record publishing academic research papers in the HRI
   field
   - Currently enrolled in a PhD program
   - Experience with JavaScript and HTML/CSS development for quickly
   prototyping user interfaces, particularly using the Meteor framework
   - Experience formulating and conducting field user studies
   - Ability to rapidly iterate on prototypes based on feedback from those
   user studies
   - Familiarity with ROS (the Robot Operating System) is a plus

Location: Savioke headquarters in Silicon Valley, CA
Timeframe: Fall 2014 or Spring 2015 (exact dates and duration are
negotiable)
To apply: send a CV and cover letter to jobs at savioke.com and clearly
indicate you are applying for the "HRI internship opportunity".

For more information or with questions, feel free to contact me directly as
well.

Tessa Lau, PhD
Chief Robot Whisperer and co-founder, Savioke