[robotics-worldwide] [jobs] Postdoctoral Fellow Position, Rehabilitation Institute of Chicago

brenna d. argall brenna.argall at northwestern.edu
Wed Aug 20 13:53:27 PDT 2014

Job opening: Postdoctoral Fellow, Rehabilitation Institute of Chicago

The Assistive & Rehabilitation Robotics Lab (argallab) at the
Rehabilitation Institute of Chicago invites applications for a
Postdoctoral Fellow position. Our research lies at the intersection of
artificial intelligence, rehabilitation robotics and machine learning.
We work with a range of hardware platforms, from a smart wheelchair to a
6+1-DoF assistive robotic arm, and have multiple active research
projects. For more information, please visit:
smpp.northwestern.edu/research/argallab/

The lab is recently founded, and this is an exciting opportunity for a
motivated and enthusiastic individual to contribute to and gain
experience with building the technical and theoretical foundations of a
growing academic research group, that moreover is situated in a unique
applied research environment.

The Rehabilitation Institute of Chicago is the premier rehabilitation
hospital in the United States (ranked #1 for 24 consecutive years by
World & News Report), with the largest physical rehabilitation research
center in the world. The hospital is located on the shores of Lake
Michigan in downtown Chicago. Our lab also is affiliated with
Northwestern University (the departments of Electrical Engineering &
Computer Science (EECS) and Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation (PMR)),
and the Postdoctoral Fellow will be affiliated with Northwestern
University as well.

Applications: Electronic only. Please submit your CV and letter of
intent (2-page limit) online through the following site:
http://tinyurl.com/lvch78a. Promising applicants will be asked to follow
up with letters of reference.

Specific inquiries may be addressed to the lab director, Prof. Brenna
Argall (www.eecs.northwestern.edu/~argall), at the following email
address: brenna.argall at northwestern.edu