[robotics-worldwide] [jobs] Research Fellow position at SIMTech, A*STAR for 3D Additive Manufacturing
Mustafa Shabbir Kurbanhusen Dr (SIMTech)
mustafa at simtech.a-star.edu.sg
Sun Aug 31 20:54:20 PDT 2014
Research Fellow Position at Singapore Institute of Manufacturing Technology
Mechatronics Group, Singapore Institute of Manufacturing Technology, Agency for Science Technology and Research
Laser aided additive manufacturing (LAAM) is a novel process which utilizes a laser beam as a heat source to melt the additive materials in the form of wire or powder for surface modification, repair and deposition of 3D parts layer by layer. LAAM can be widely used for manufacturing new parts, modifying surface and repairing high value-add components, which populate in nearly all industry sectors, like aerospace, precision engineering, marine & offshore, oil & gas, med-tech, etc.
Objectives of this project are:
* To develop technology areas ranging from product design/reverse engineering, simulation & modelling, advanced additive materials and LAAM process
* To integrate all these areas as a complete system with maximized functions
* To establish a platform for the transfer of the developed technology through consortium based research and manpower training
The Singapore Institute of Manufacturing Technology<http://www.simtech.a-star.edu.sg/>, a research institute under the Agency for Science Technology and Research, is inviting applications for a Research Fellow position who is familiar in the following areas:
- Robot kinematics fundamentals (i.e., trajectory planning)
- Industrial robot offline programming
- Simulation and control software for industrial robots
The candidate will be involved in reverse engineering, CAD/CAM and process modelling & control. Development of suitable CAD/CAM model either from an original design or from the reversed data is necessary, in order to efficiently generate the desired CNC or robot program for the LAAM process. In this work package, a process monitoring and control system needs to be set up and tested. The aim of the work is to investigate if the closed-loop process control can overcome the problems encountered during LAAM with a constant laser power, and to study the influence of different control strategies on the microstructure, hardness, mechanical properties and dimensional accuracy of the deposited parts
- For Research Fellow position, applicants must have a PhD degree in Mechanical / Electrical / Electronics / Computer Engineering
- Able to work effectively and independently in a team
- Fresh graduates are welcome to apply
- Relevant training and/or research experience in industrial robotics such as robot kinematics and dynamics.
- Preferably proficient in programming (.Net (VB, C++ or C#)) and CAD/CAE softwares
- Preferably with experience in motion control of robotic manipulators
Qualified candidates are invited to express their interest in applying for the above positions by sending us the following documentations in PDF to us by email:
- Cover letter indicating clearly the position applied for and the area of interest
- Detailed Curriculum vitae
- List of publications (for Research Fellow position)
Electronic submission of application is encouraged and can be sent to: MCH_enquiries at SIMTech.a-star.edu.sg<mailto:MCH_enquiries at SIMTech.a-star.edu.sg>
Short listed candidates will be notified to submit letters of recommendations and additional documents.
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
More information about the robotics-worldwide