[robotics-worldwide] [news] 2014 EuroHaptics Society PhD Award
m.ferre at upm.es
Thu Dec 4 08:40:40 PST 2014
"Call for Nomination for the EuroHaptics PhD Award 2014".
Every year, the EuroHaptics Society awards a prize for the best Ph.D.
thesis of the year. The EuroHaptics Society PhD Award competition is open
to all candidates, who in the broad sense disserted on a topic of relevance
to the science and/or technology of haptics in the year 2014. This year the
award is endowed with 1000 €.
Candidates must be a member of the EuroHaptics Society, or must have
a recommendation from a EuroHaptics Society member. Each nomination will
be competitively reviewed. The EuroHaptics Society best PhD Award will be
announced at the ceremony that will take place at the WorldHatics 2015
Conference in Chicago, USA. The winning candidate will be allowed to
present a talk on the topic of his/her thesis at this meeting. Deadline for
nomination for the 2014 award is on the 15th January
Please send PhD nomination via email to Manuel Ferre: <
ehs2014phdaward at gmail.com>.
The nomination should include the following:
- PhD thesis in pdf format (written in English or translated into English).
- CV of the candidate including publication list.
- Recommendation letter from the PhD advisor, in which the relevance of the
thesis is explained, together with a statement about the originality of
the thesis and its contribution to the field.
- The membership information of the candidate, or a letter of
recommendation from a EuroHaptics Society member.
- Deadline for PhD reception of candidacies: 15th of January 2015,
- Announcement of PhD awarded: June 2015 (during World Haptics Conference)
On behalf of the EuroHaptics Society,
Secretary of the EHS PhD award committee.
More information about the robotics-worldwide