[robotics-worldwide] [jobs] Postdoctoral Positions in Robotic Surgery at Boston Children's Hospital, Harvard Medical School

Dupont, Pierre Pierre.Dupont at childrens.harvard.edu
Tue Dec 16 06:32:38 PST 2014

We are seeking several highly qualified postdoctoral fellows for the
following projects:

Robotic Catheters - This project involves creating novel robotic catheters
to perform repairs inside the beating heart. Important components of this
project include system design, integration of multi-modal sensing and
tools as well as evaluation through animal trials. A mix of analytical and
experimental experience is preferred. It is expected that the successful
candidate will hold a PhD in engineering, physics or computer science.

Robotic Implants - This project involves creating robots that reside
inside the body to modulate physiological functions, e.g., through
application of forces or control of flow rates. Strong prototyping and
system integration skills including real-time control are needed.
Knowledge of fluid mechanics is helpful. Experience in surgical robotics
is preferred. The ability to work collaboratively with clinicians is also
important. It is expected that the successful candidate will hold a PhD in
engineering, physics or computer science.

Our Lab's mission is to embed creative young engineers and scientists in
the #1 US pediatric hospital. This ensures that we work on clinically
important problems and enables us to rapidly transition engineering
prototypes to a clinical setting for testing. More information on our lab
can be found at: http://robotics.tch.harvard.edu

Qualified applicants should respond by email to Prof. Pierre Dupont
(Pierre.Dupont at childrens.harvard.edu) with a description of their
qualifications, academic background, PhD thesis, publications, career
goals and availability. They should specify which project they are
interested in and include pdf's of 3 publications. Initial appointments
will be for one year with the possibility of extension. Postdoctoral
appointments will be made through Harvard Medical School.

Pierre E. Dupont
Boston Children's Hospital
Harvard Medical School