[robotics-worldwide] [jobs] Postdoctoral Researcher in Agricultural Robotics at ETH Zurich
paul.furgale at mavt.ethz.ch
Thu Dec 18 05:49:31 PST 2014
** The Position **
Postdoctoral Researcher -- Agricultural Robotics
The Autonomous Systems Lab (http://www.asl.ethz.ch/) at ETH Zurich is
seeking an outstanding postdoctoral researcher to lead our agricultural
robotics team in a collaborative project with some of the best research
groups in Europe.
** Who you are **
- a PhD in robotics, engineering, computer science, or a related field,
- a solid publication record in top-tier conferences and journals,
- a strong background in project leadership,
- excellent English-language writing and communication skills, and
- interest in pursuing research in the following areas:
- Collision avoidance and mission planning for small rotary-wing UAVs,
- Localization and mapping that fuses multiple sensor modalities such
as IMU and lidar, with both visible light and hyperspectral cameras, and
- Field testing of robotic systems in real-world environments.
- outstanding C++ skills,
- experience in integration and field testing of robotic systems.
** What we offer **
- World-class research infrastructure
- Competitive salaries (
- An opportunity to collaborate with some of the best researchers in
Europe to prototype a system that uses robotics to address the problem of
** Dates **
Applications must be received by January 15, 2015.
The position would start as soon as possible in 2015.
** How to apply **
Please send your application by email to rsiegwart at ethz.ch with the subject
"Postdoctoral Researcher -- Agricultural Robotics". The application should
be in English and contain a single PDF file with the following information:
1. A letter of motivation addressing the skills outlined above,
2. Your current CV,
3. A list of three references together with contact information, and
4. A copy of one of your publications together with a brief explanation
of the relevance to this opportunity.
Dr. Paul Furgale
Autonomous Systems Lab
Happy Holidays <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M3XR-7MtMK8>
More information about the robotics-worldwide