[robotics-worldwide] [jobs] Fabric Exoskeletons Controls Engineer and Intern at Otherlab in SF

Tim Swift timaswift at gmail.com
Wed Dec 31 12:16:09 PST 2014

At Otherlab, we are developing a new class of exoskeletons that has the
potential to be an order of magnitude improvement over conventional
technologies in both cost and weight. These exoskeletons are constructed
entirely out of high strength fabrics and use a pneumatic power train. We
are looking for a smart, motivated controls engineer to help develop the
software that will make this technology a reality.

Job Description:

The engineer will lead the development and testing of the software for
ultra-light fabric exoskeletons for performance augmentation of healthy
subjects. This includes assisting with the design of operator intent
sensing, and the software for both intent recognition and continuous
control aspects of the project. Previous experience developing software on
robotic hardware is a requirement and experience on exoskeletons is
significantly preferred.

We also have a control intern position available that will work along side
the controls engineer. Both positions are available immediately and we will
continue to accept applications until they are filled. Interested
applicants should email a resume and cover letter to robot-jobs at otherlab.com.