[robotics-worldwide] [jobs] Join the Google robotics effort

Aaron Edsinger aedsinger at google.com
Wed Feb 12 17:28:12 PST 2014

Dear Robotics Worldwide. We are looking for exceptional candidates to join
the San Francisco office of the Google robotics initiative. We currently
have the following position open but would also be happy to hear from
strong candidates in related areas. Please submit your resume to
aedsinger at google.com.

Software Roboticist
-----------------------------
The Software Roboticist will be a key contributor to the design of an
industrial grade software stack for a dexterous robot arm. The role
requires strong software development practices, the ability to rapidly
integrate and prototype new capabilities on robot hardware, and a passion
for creating elegant and scalable software architectures.

Responsibilities
 * Develop key software modules for system diagnostics, calibration, and
high level control
 * Lead  software integration on new prototype systems
 * Develop applications and demonstrations for pilot customers
 * Develop and maintain unit tests, regression tests, and documentation for
the software stack

Experience
 * BS or MS in Computer Science
 * 3+ years developing software for robotic hardware
 * Full lifecycle software development
 * Familiarity with robot arm programming, including kinematics, dynamics,
and planning
 * Very strong background with ROS development and best practices
 * Excellent C++ and Python programming skills and Linux development
 * Systems integration experience on real robot hardware

--
Aaron Edsinger, Ph.D.
Roboticist Director, Google