[robotics-worldwide] [meetings] 2nd ASU Rehabilitation Robotics Workshop

Panagiotis Artemiadis panagiotis.artemiadis at asu.edu
Mon Feb 3 13:15:24 PST 2014

Dear colleagues,

The School of Biological and Health Systems Engineering, Ira A. Fulton
Schools of Engineering, Arizona State University, is organizing a
workshop on Rehabilitation Robotics that will be held in Tempe, AZ, on
February 28th and March 1st, 2014. The two-day workshop will include 3
plenary talks, single-track sessions, poster sessions, as well as
discussion panels, companies' demonstrations and laboratory tours.

We are excited to announce 11 confirmed speakers from top research
institutions who work in the areas of neuroscience (motor control),
physical rehabilitation, rehabilitation robotics, and robotics
(software, hardware, etc.). Among these 11 speakers, there will be three
plenary speakers: Dr. Antonio Bicchi (UNIPI), Dr. Emilio Bizzi (MIT)
  and Dr. Andrew Schwartz (University of Pittsburgh).

The main theme of the workshop is rehabilitation robotics, however we
plan to include a wider range of topics covering the multidisciplinary
field of robotics, including human-robot interaction and human motor
control. Pioneers of these fields, including university professors,
researchers, clinicians, students, and program managers from government
agencies, will participate in the workshop. Based on the attendance of
the 1st Workshop we organized last year, we expect the number of
attendees to exceed 200. You can find more information on the agenda of
the workshop, the speakers, and the venue at the workshop website:

http://events.engineering.asu.edu/rehabrobotics/
<http://engineering.asu.edu/RehabRobotics2014/>

With regard to attendance to the workshop: we are asking attendees to
register online -- this is important for reserving the
appropriate conference room and audio-visuals, as we will not be able to
let in attendees without registration. Registration is free of charge.

For people interested in giving a poster presentation, please email the
title, authors list and 1 paragraph abstract to Dr. Panagiotis
Artemiadis (panagiotis.artemiadis at asu.edu
<mailto:panagiotis.artemiadis at asu.edu>) by February 10th, 2014.

The agenda of the workshop and other information are posted online at
http://events.engineering.asu.edu/rehabrobotics/
<http://engineering.asu.edu/RehabRobotics2014/>

Best regards,

ASU Rehabilitation Robotics Workshop Committee

Dr. Marco Santello
Committee Chair
Dr. Panagiotis Artemiadis, Dr. Bradley Greger
Committee co-Chairs
--
Panagiotis (Panos) Artemiadis, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor of Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering
Ira A. Fulton Schools of Engineering
Arizona State University
Mailing: 501 E. Tyler Mall, ECG 337, Tempe, AZ 85287-6106
Office: ERC 355, Phone: (480) 965-4182, Fax: (480) 727-9321
Personal Website: http://www.public.asu.edu/~partemia/
Lab Website: http://horc.engineering.asu.edu