[robotics-worldwide] [news] Robotconf Analyzer - A tool for analyzing the impact of Robotics Conferences

Robotconf robotconf at inbox.com
Sat Feb 1 06:26:44 PST 2014

Web: http://rcbot.github.io/robotconf/

## What is it?

This project collects information about citation count, citation ranking of each paper of
the major robotics conference (ICRA,IROS,RSS). Additionally, it calculates a
quantification of impact of each conference by computing the number of papers with more
than five citations.

## Motivation

Being an ardent paper reader, I always wondered if I missed a paper or two in the last
robotics conference. In our field, keeping track of what happens in the wide spectrum of
robotics is pretty hard. Too many times I have asked myself if that related work section
is updated with all the latest work. Do I really know all the high impact papers of that
field?
Well, I decided to take matters into my own hands and tried to give an analytic answer to
these questions.

## Open data

All the data crawled and used for this project is made publicly available

Web: http://rcbot.github.io/robotconf/