[robotics-worldwide] [meetings] ICRA 2014 workshop on MATLAB for teaching robotics and vision (REPOSTED WITH CORRECT URL)
peter.corke at qut.edu.au
Mon Feb 17 02:45:15 PST 2014
<repost: an incorrect URL was given previously>
The Mathworks (the MATLAB guys) and I are organizing a full-day workshop to be held at ICRA 2014 in Hong Kong on 5 June.
The objectives of the workshop are to demonstrate, and share knowledge about, how MATLAB/Simulink is being used for:
* Teaching fundamental principles such as robot manipulator kinematics, dynamics and control; and mobile robot control, localization and planning.
* Developing sensor processing algorithms such as SLAM, object and place recognition etc. for robotics applications
* Deploying algorithms to popular low-cost platforms such as Raspberry Pi, Lego etc.
* Connecting MATLAB to real robots
A preliminary program is available at http://www.tiny.cc/matlabws14
CALLING FOR PARTICIPATION
We are seeking proposals for short presentations (10-15 minutes long) that may include live demonstrations of code.
If you are interested in participating please send email to Yanliang.Zhang at mathworks.com<mailto:Yanliang.Zhang at mathworks.com> with the subject line: ICRA 2014 workshop that includes a short proposal in PDF format that is 0.5 to 1 pages long that includes:
* the title of your presentation
* your name and organization/university
* a short outline of your presentation, and whether you propose to do a demo at the workshop.
Closing date for proposals is 20 March 2014 and notification of acceptance will be by early April.
Peter Corke | Professor | Electrical Engineering and Computer Science
Science and Engineering Faculty | Queensland University of Technology
phone: + 61 7 3138 1794 | fax: + 61 7 3138 1469 | email: peter.corke at qut.edu.au
Gardens Point, S Block 1104A (via S1105) | 2 George Street, Brisbane, QLD 4000 | CRICOS No. 00213J
More information about the robotics-worldwide