[robotics-worldwide] [jobs] Software Engineer (robotics) position at Navisens (San Francisco)

Ashod Donikian ashod.donikian at navisens.com
Thu Jul 3 09:19:43 PDT 2014

Software Engineer
Navisens is expanding our team and have a vacancy for a software engineer at our San Francisco office. Ideal candidates combine a robotics background with related project or industry experience. US or AU candidates are preferred (we can sponsor a US visa for AU candidates).

If interested please email: jobs *at* navisens.com

About Navisens:
Navisens™ designs cutting-edge location technology for mobile devices such as smartphones. Our motionDNA™ technology uses inertial sensors and does not rely on any infrastructure in the environment and works indoors, outdoors, and underground. Our goal is to be the location platform for all smartphones and mobile and connected devices.

Job Description
We are looking for candidates which are extremely motivated and exceptional in their ability and dedication. We offer them a chance to be part of a tech startup which will change the nature of location based services.

An engineering degree in an appropriate field is required (e.g. electrical engineering, software engineering, mechatronics engineering) in addition to experience on robotics technologies and projects.

Requirements/Skills
- B. Eng. and above
- Experience in one or more estimation techniques commonly used in robotics (probabilistic localization, sensor fusion, inertial navigation, SLAM)
- Experience and knowledge of sensors and sensor data acquisition and signal processing
- Strong analytical skills and mathematics background
- C/C++/STL is a must, Java is a plus
- Knowledge of Linux and software development in a Linux environment
- Ability to rapidly learn and implement a third party library SDK/API
- Ability to rapidly implement algorithms
- Ability to work with a team and independently
- Embedded software experience is a plus
- Android/iOS experience is a plus

What we offer
We offer a fun productive working environment at great working location in San Francisco and the opportunity to work with a passionate team of engineers, including PhD-level robotics engineers. Competitive salary, stock, and benefits are offered. We offer the potential to develop and contribute to technology which will be implemented on millions of devices.

- Candidates should list a portfolio of their major projects (if available a GitHub account with reference projects)
- For more info visit our website www.navisens.com and social networks (@navisens)
- If interested please email: jobs *at* navisens.com

Dr. Ashod Donikian
Founder / CEO, Navisens