[robotics-worldwide] [journals] CfP - Special Issue on "Shared Control" - Journal of HRI - deadline approaching!

Carlson, Tom t.carlson at ucl.ac.uk
Fri Jul 4 06:45:31 PDT 2014

Dear Roboticist,

We remind you that it’s just under 1 month until the deadline for your high quality submission to our upcoming Special Issue on "Shared Control” in the Journal of Human-Robot Interaction.

We look forward to reading your article,

David Abbink, Tom Carlson and Mark Mulder
Guest editors

*JOURNAL OF HUMAN ROBOT INTERACTION*

Special Issue Call for Papers on Shared Control

Deadline: Aug 3, 2014

http://humanrobotinteraction.org/journal/index.php/HRI

*INTRODUCTION/CALL FOR PAPERS*

The principles of shared control have been gaining interest in the research and engineering communities as a design approach to automation that integrates the best of both worlds: the fast, reliable, precise and inexhaustible task execution capabilities of automation and the complementary inventive, adaptive and interactive task execution skills of humans. Shared control keeps human operators actively in the loop by exploiting the unique capabilities of humans to cooperate, instead of simply turning them into passive automation supervisors – a role to which humans are repeatedly shown to be particularly ill-suited.
The diversity of applications where shared control is employed to enhance human-machine interaction is great testimony to the potential of this approach to automation engineering. For this special issue we are soliciting high quality, original articles that present the design and/or evaluation of shared control systems. We aim to bring together in a single issue of this journal a wide variety of applications that demonstrate the current state-of-the-art in shared control.

*INDICATIVE TOPICS/AREAS*

Topics of interest are, but certainly not limited to, applications of Shared Control in the fields of Haptics and Tele-operation; Adjustable Autonomy; Assistive Technology; Brain-Machine Interface Systems; Human-Machine Systems Design; Intelligent Vehicle Technology; Cyber Technology; Prosthetics; Rehabilitation; Medical Devices; and Robotics.

*IMPORTANT DATES*

Aug 3, 2014: Deadline for submissions of full length papers
Oct 3, 2014: Notification of initial reviews
Oct 31, 2014: Deadline for revisions
Dec 7, 2014: Notification of final reviews
Jan 11, 2015: Submission of final camera-ready manuscripts
Mar 31, 2015: Online publication

*SUBMISSION*

The Journal of Human-Robot Interaction is a peer-reviewed, interdisciplinary, open-access journal using an online submission and manuscript tracking system. To submit your paper, please:
(1) Go to http://humanrobotinteraction.org/journal/index.php/HRI/login and login or follow the link to register with the site. If registering, click the buttons at the bottom of author and reviewer.
(2) Login, follow link to user home, and click the “new submission” link on the lower right.
(3) Follow the instructions.

*GUEST EDITORS*

David A. Abbink
Delft University of Technology