[robotics-worldwide] [Jobs] Compliant Robotics Positions at Otherlab/Pneubotics

Kevin Albert info at pneubotics.com
Wed Jul 9 12:44:46 PDT 2014

Robotics Positions (Otherlab/Pneubotics)

Otherlab's robotics group is looking for talented engineers to develop the
world's first commercially available soft robots. At Otherlab, we believe
that by combining inexpensive materials with sophisticated computation, we
can replace the mechanical complexity that currently makes robots heavy and
expensive. We have invented a new approach to robotics that uses
alternative materials to produce all-fluidic, membrane-based compliant
mechanisms. Pneubotics is an Otherlab company dedicated to turning these
ideas into products and bringing those products to market. As we grow our
small, tight-knit team we are looking to hire engineers that have an
appetite for solving hard problems. If making robots that don't look or
feel like robots gets you up in the morning, we would like to hear from you.

Pneubotics/Otherlab is located in an historic pipe organ factory in the
heart of San Francisco's Mission district. The Otherlab family is a
talented and creative group of scientists and inventors working in the
robotics, renewable energy, digital manufacturing, transportation, and
educational markets. We offer competitive benefits and the chance to help
guide the direction of a new company.

We have two immediate openings:
Soft Robotics Controls Engineer
Soft Robotics Design Engineer