[robotics-worldwide] [meetings] RAS-SIGHT Meeting @ ICRA'14 (Tuesday, June 3rd; S230, L2 Convention Centre)

Raj Madhavan rajmadhavan.tech4humanity at gmail.com
Sun Jun 1 09:25:33 PDT 2014

Dear Fellow Humanitarians:

IEEE Robotics and Automation Society's Special Interest Group on
Humanitarian Technology (RAS-SIGHT:
http://www.ieee-ras.org/educational-resources-outreach/humanitarian-efforts)
will have a meeting on *Tuesday June 3rd from 10:00-12:00 at Rm. S230, L2*.

Mainly, I will provide an overview of the recently concluded
Humanitarian Robotics and Automation Technology Challenge (HRATC'14:
http://www.isr.uc.pt/HRATC2014/) that has been ongoing since March of
this year. Also we will discuss future activities and member ideas on
things to do in 2014!

I hope you can find some time to attend this meeting. I look forward to
seeing friends and colleagues from previous meetings and discussions, in
addition to new folks.

Cheers,
Raj.

--
Raj Madhavan, Ph.D.

Vice President, Industrial Activities Board
Chair, Standing Committee for Standards Activities
Chair, RAS-SIGHT (Special Interest Group on Humanitarian Technology)
IEEE Robotics and Automation Society
http://www.ieee-ras.org/industry-government/
http://www.ieee-ras.org/industry-government/standards/

Associate Research Scientist (on leave)
Institute for Systems Research, University of Maryland College Park
http://www.isr.umd.edu/faculty/madhavan