[robotics-worldwide] [meetings] Deadline extended - First workshop on the FoF cluster "Robots for Automation of Post-Production and other Auxiliary Processes"

Stefano Ghidoni ghidoni at dei.unipd.it
Thu Jun 5 09:38:47 PDT 2014

Dear colleagues,

we decided to extend the deadline for submitting contributions to the
workshop on the FoF cluster "Robots for Automation of Post-Production
and other Auxiliary Processes."

The new deadline is set to 15th June, 2014.

Call for papers -- apologies for multiple posting

First workshop on the FoF cluster
"Robots for Automation of Post-Production and other Auxiliary Processes"
15th July, 2014

http://www.dei.unipd.it/~ghidoni/rappap_workshop.html

co-located with:

the 13th International Conference on Intelligent Autonomous Systems (IAS-13)
http://www.ias-13.org/
15 – 19 July 2014.
Padova and Venice, Italy.

Factory automation systems and industrial robots are surprisingly
"closed" structures: proprietary and closed software is often at the
heart of automation systems. This tends to prevent factory automation to
benefit from the most recent achievements in terms of software
frameworks; moreover, this causes a frequent "reinvent-the-wheel"
approach: closed systems need development efforts for achieving results
that are already available for other systems.

The discussion will be focused on the current status and future trends
of robotics and automation for post-production in the industrial
environment. The starting point will be the experience of the four
European projects composing the FoF (Factory of the Future) cluster
"Robots for automation of post-production and other auxiliary
processes", namely: Miror (www.MiRoR.eu), Cablebot (www.CableBOT.eu),
Mainbot (www.mainbot.eu) and Thermobot (www.thermobot.eu).

This workshop is also a good opportunity to disseminate European
projects focused on robotics to the scientific community. For this
reason, several types of contributions will be accepted: papers or
extended abstracts to present research results and concepts, but also
presentations and posters for dissemination purposes.

We invite the submission of papers focused on the topic of industrial
robots in factory automation, including:

- robots for manufacturing and auxiliary processes,
- robot simulation,
- robot sensing.

*** Discussion topics ***

- Computer science applied to factory automation;
- Sharing the experience on exploitation of previous EU project results
to improve current projects;
- Sharing the experience about technical challenges encountered during
the projects.

*** Important info ***

We encourage the submission of several types of contributions, including
full papers, extended abstracts, posters, or presentations. All accepted
contributions will be published on a CD with ISBN and page numbering.

Contributions should be submitted to
https://www.easychair.org/conferences/?conf=rappap2014.

*** Workshop organizers ***

- prof. Reinhard Lafrenz, Department of Robotics and Embedded Systems,
Technische Universität München, Germany
- dr. Stefano Ghidoni, Department of Information Engineering, University
of Padova, Italy

Looking forward to meeting you in Padova,
Stefano Ghidoni

Stefano Ghidoni, PhD

Intelligent and Autonomous Systems Lab (IAS-Lab)
Department of Information Engineering (DEI)
The University of Padova
Via Ognissanti, 72 -- I-35129 Padova, Italy

email: ghidoni at dei.unipd.it