[robotics-worldwide] [meetings] Third IROS Workshop on Assistance and Service Robotics in a Human Environment - September 14, 2014, Chicago, USA
samer.mohammed at u-pec.fr
Fri Jun 20 17:20:48 PDT 2014
We apologize in advance if you receive multiple copies of this CFP.
Deadline: June 30, 2014
Authors of selected papers will be invited to submit extended version of
their papers to be published in a
Special issue in a journal.
Third International Workshop on ³Assistance and Service Robotics in a Human
in conjunction with the IEEE/RSJ International Conference on Intelligent
Robots and Systems
(IROS'2014) - http://www.iros2014.org <http://www.iros2014.org/>
Workshop Website: http://lissi.fr/iros-ar2014/doku.php
Assistive Robotics covers currently a broad spectrum of research axis, from
intelligent robots acting as
a servant, secretary, or companion to intelligent robotic functions such as
navigation, embedded robotics, ambient intelligence, or intelligent spaces.
The proposed workshop focuses on Robotics for people assistance with a
particular focus on frail people. This major research
issue will affect our lives in the near future. The purpose of this workshop
is to gather researchers from
various fields to discuss topics related to the challenging problems of
assisting people in their
everyday life. Topics related to social interaction, intelligent habitat,
mobility assistance, healthcare
and wellbeing will be covered. Fundamental and technological research
particularly related to
autonomous indoor vehicles, sensor and actuators networks, wearable and
and human-robot interaction, will be presented. The objective of the
workshop is to provide a review
and challenges of the relevant applications in Assistance and Service
Robotics in a Human Environment.
As continuity of the first two editions held at IROS¹12 and IROS'13, this
workshop will consist of four sessions with 5
- Norihiro Hagita, Director ATR Intelligent Robotics and Communication
- Sami Haddadin, Head of the Institute of Automatic Control (IRT),
University of Hanover, Germany.
- Ren Luo, National Taiwan University. Head of IceiRA Laboratory, Taiwan.
- Rachid Alami, Senior Researcher, LAAS Laboratory, France.
- Raja Chatila, Senior Researcher CNRS, France. President, IEEE Robotics and
The solicited papers address particularly the following topics:
- Elderly care assistive robots
- Mobility aids for locomotion or navigation
- Automated manipulation systems
- Robot companion
- Social interaction
- Multimodal human
- machine interfaces for assistive robotics
- Interaction control of assistive robots
- Human Behavioral modeling, Human locomotion
- Activity monitoring systems, Activity recognition
- Rehabilitation system, transfert machine
- Wearable robots: exoskeletons, actuated orthosis and prostheses
- Mechatronic design and control of human movements
- Sensor networks, Actuator networks, Domotics, Distributive robotics
- Multimodal perception, new sensors
- Cognitive ubirobots
- Context and Intention awareness
- Ambient Intelligence and smart spaces
- Middleware and networked robots
- Cloud robotics
- Ethical issues for assistive robotics
Three to four submissions will be accepted per session for oral
presentations based on their quality,
originality, and relevance to the related session.
A poster/demo session is also planned in the workshop program.
All accepted papers will be published on the workshop website.
Authors of selected papers will be asked to submit extended versions of
their papers for
a special issue in a journal.
Submitted papers should not be under consideration for publication anywhere
Submission of papers and review process will be handled through EasyChair
conference management system.
Papers submission deadline: June 30, 2014
Acceptance Notification: August 1, 2014
Camera Ready deadline: August 22, 2014
Registration deadline: see IROS web site
Workshop date: September 14, 2014
Anne Spalanzani, anne.spalanzani at inria.fr <mailto:anne.spalanzani at inria.fr>
David Daney, david.daney at inria.fr <mailto:david.daney at inria.fr>
Yacine Amirat, amirat at u-pec.fr <mailto:amirat at u-pec.fr>
Samer Mohammed, samer.mohammed at u-pec.fr <mailto:samer.mohammed at u-pec.fr>
Ren Luo, renluo at ntu.edu.tw <mailto:renluo at ntu.edu.tw>
Rachid Alami, Rachid.Alami at laas.fr <mailto:Rachid.Alami at laas.fr>
Christian Laugier, Christian.Laugier at inria.fr
<mailto:Christian.Laugier at inria.fr>
More information about the robotics-worldwide